Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@Trinity11 wrote:

I will continue to pray for you @ShowMe during this really difficult time. I had a rough week but won’t share as you have enough on your mind without burdening you with my stuff.

A hint from a wonderful pediatric cardiologist when my newborn son was not expected to live out his first year of life........ He told me to enjoy every day and refuse to project with what ifs. Live in the moment. Just for today. I have used that mantra through my cancer diagnosis and right after my first heart attack when I went into heart failure. It truly works.... 

I applaud your bravery and concur with Cakers. Please continue to allow all of us a window into how you are doing. I wish we lived near each other and could share a cup of coffee but for now we have this thread to touch base and support one another.Heart

@Trinity11.....Thanks so much for your encouraging words.  Am sorry you are having a rough week.  Here's hoping it will get better.  Hey you never burden anyone on here.  That is what we are all about.....caring for each other.

Yes, I remember all you went through in the past.  Believe living in the moment is all we really need to do.  I am living one day at a time now.  

I'm really not all that brave.....right now I am being what you could call a baby chicken....scared of what is in my future.....if there is much of one.  

It would be so nice if we could meet to have a cup of coffee and just chit chat about this and that.  But we can make believe on here.  

Supporting each other is so important.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

Show me, they a photo today of one of your Cardinals players catching a fly ball from the opposing team in our daily newspaper. they said it was a great catch and saved the game.

not much going on. dh just got back from a quick grocery store run. he picked up some food for me. I can make me some meat I have slow cooked up and will usually do a baked tater for side when dh will be at work which will be friday / saturday / sunday.. to get me into the mood of him not being home he is setting sail again like when he was in the navy and taking off for another adventure. it helps with loneliness of not having anyone home for 12 hours.

today am making up chicken in slow cooker. 

not much else guys will check in later.

@......We won yesterday's game 5 to 1.  Am wondering  what the person at your daily newspaper was getting his information from.  Never heard anything about that.

Boy, this change of schedule for your DH is really messing up your schedule too.  Thank goodness for the slow cooker....you can make enough to get you through your loneliness of being alone....  There are plenty healthy foods out there you can make....just have to pick those that you can eat.  Keep your chin up dear.  This won't last forever.....I hope.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

not much going on around here. did get walk in.  mailman was still delivering mail so had to go up later. neighbor lady and i walked up.

delightfully beautiful windows open. falllish today. warm up is coming.

ok will check in later.

@viva923.....so glad you are getting your walks in.  And seems like you may be seeing more of your neighbors with the change in your life.  This may be good

You are cooler with the windows open.  We are warm here today, but a cool front moving in this evening.  Low may be 67 tonight.  Little cooler tomorrow.....  

Yesterday while driving to and from the hospital we noticed how many trees are starting to turn.  Mostly Maple trees and the change seems to be on the upper portion of the trees.  In a few weeks it should be getting pretty with the changes.  

Have a good evening.

Honored Contributor

@ripka junkie wrote:

@ShowMe 

God is good !  Keep prayer and I know that your emothions are all over the place right now.  Scared, mad crying but do not give up your fight!

@ripka junkie.....thanks for your encouraging words, and for your prayers.  Yes, my emotions are all over the place, but have to believe I have made the right decision as far as my care goes.  Can't remember when I have cried so much.  And, yes I am scared and mad because I'm just not ready to end everything.....  Yes, GOD is good, and he will take care of me.....

Respected Contributor

ShowMe, just reading how many on here are your real and caring friends all worried, concerned and willing to do so much for you if only we could. We are here today and will be with you every day so feel free to tell us if you want to how your feeling. All of our hearts and thoughts are with you and if you want to shed tears, yell or what ever do it. You are not the biggest chicken on here no way on he-- I am!!!! Let me tell you for my self the smallest issue health wise puts me wayyyyyy over the edge and the tears don't stop. Just hang in here and listen to what ever the Doctors think is best for you and if you have some weird feelings about some thing don't be afraid to question the thing your concerned about. Know your mind is all over the place but just know us out here who chat with you are here to hold you up and walk this walk with you. I think everyone who reached out to you today are people with beautiful caring hearts. Take care  and relax and hold on.

Honored Contributor

Ok, have been wanting to get this post out of the way all day.  Now is the time I have to do it.

Yesterday morning met with Dr. G.....my oncologist.....  Lynn was in the room taking notes and even asked some questions that I wasn't even thinking of.  So glad she was with me all the way through the day.  

Dr. G gave me the pros and cons of getting radiation.  He said it would only hit the one area that they aim for....and not do anything to any of the other spots that showed up.  Do have multiple spots on lymph nodes near my neck and lung, and in my belly area.  He did say they are not treatable,  but did say I could take a chemo therapy pill....this would slow everything up and hit everything that radiation would not hit.  Did say there are side effects, tiredness, nausea, and maybe some skin problems.  Can rest at home, and take pills for nausea, and be comfortable  Dr. G did say this treatment would comfort me, but maybe not get rid of it.  It, in my minds view,, would be better than get radiation.  Nothing said about losing my hair.  Wants to see me again in 2 weeks when we will discuss this further.

From there Lynn and I headed for Panera.  Got a tuna sandwich on sour dough bread and cup of chicken noodle soup.  Both were delicious.  While eating lunch we discussed my going into the radiation office.  I had made up my mind that I don't want to do radiation.....  It would be 20 treatments, and making me extremely tired, and no guarantee that it would get rid of the cancer.  That is no way to live.  Lynn sort of agreed with my mind process.  

When we got there the young lady came out and called my name.  I got up and went to her.  At that point she said she wanted me to go back and take off my top so they could mark me and make that thing they shape around your body.....  I told her no, I wanted to see the doctor.  She said yes, you can see her, but we need you to go back.  I said, you don't understand....I want to see the doctor before anything.

Before we got there Dr. G had already called her and let her know what I was thinking.  She was prepared to speak to me.  She did say that they could only treat the lung area this go round, and could see how it would go.  I told her that I didn't want to get any radiation treatments, and that I will probably go the chemo pill route.  She was very defensive and could not understand why I didn't want to take this chance.....that is what she originally understood I wanted.  I never ever told her that.  She did say that the offer will always be there if I decide after the chemo pills do their work....that I could come back to her office for the radiation treatments.  Really, I don't know how much more I could have said to her to let her know that was not in the cards for me.

With all the getting in and out of the car, going to the different offices, and then have the information I had gotten from the doctors, I was literally worn out.  

While I was at Dr. G's office I went into the treatment room to have my port flushed.  Saw all those angel nurses.....someone let Julie, my first nurse I had when I started going there almost 5 years ago, that I was there.  I stood up and we hugged each other and both of us were crying....she knew what was going on with me.  She just kept hugging me....and when I was ready to leave, the other nurses said I should take care, and they would see me next port flushing.  

Lynn went into the treatment room with me.  Sat in the chair next to me.  She saw how Julie and I reacted to each other, and she had tears in her eyes also.  Julie walked us to the door to leave, and hugged me once more.  When the valet boy brought her car and I got into the car and the valet boy put my walker in, we were ready to leave.  She pulled up in front of where we were, and just took my hand and said you are so loved by those nurses.....  She was impressed with the set up they have there for the comfort of the patients now.  It is so different than when I was getting treatments.  The nurses are happy with it.....easier to take care of those getting treatments.  

This is my story for today.  There is more....my sister, and my friend Vera.  But will do that another time.

Contributor

Absolutely nothing. Today is my 60th birthday. 

No cooking or cleaning..

Read my book, took a nap, a long bath soak. 

Now we’re off to dinner and crabs at my son and dil house. 

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

ShowMe, just reading how many on here are your real and caring friends all worried, concerned and willing to do so much for you if only we could. We are here today and will be with you every day so feel free to tell us if you want to how your feeling. All of our hearts and thoughts are with you and if you want to shed tears, yell or what ever do it. You are not the biggest chicken on here no way on he-- I am!!!! Let me tell you for my self the smallest issue health wise puts me wayyyyyy over the edge and the tears don't stop. Just hang in here and listen to what ever the Doctors think is best for you and if you have some weird feelings about some thing don't be afraid to question the thing your concerned about. Know your mind is all over the place but just know us out here who chat with you are here to hold you up and walk this walk with you. I think everyone who reached out to you today are people with beautiful caring hearts. Take care  and relax and hold on.

@cater.....Ok, after reading this post, the tears are really going now.  I know you really care about me, and know the many prayers you have said have really meant a lot to me.  Hope I don't tire you out reading my very lengthy post I just finished.  Don't think I left anything out.  It was a very long and tiring day.....one I hope I never have again.

Yes, I know may do care on here and are holding me in their prayers.  

Hope you have a restful evening.  I plan on watching the Cardinals/Cubs game this evening starting at 6:15.  And have to fix my Marie's dinner....don't know which one yet.

Honored Contributor

@Grammyto3 wrote:

Absolutely nothing. Today is my 60th birthday. 

No cooking or cleaning..

Read my book, took a nap, a long bath soak. 

Now we’re off to dinner and crabs at my son and dil house. 

@Grammyto3.....Well, Happy 60th Birthday.  My what a nice day you have had.  Enjoy your dinner at your son's and DIL's house.  

Have never seen you on here before, so welcome and hope to see you again in the future.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShowMe   Yes, the thread is still there and still active, meaning the mods haven't closed it.

I was going to post on it but was concerned the mods would close it since the last post was in December, 2018.

I haven't seen kittykatkay in a long time, who started that thread. 

We all need to keep each other at least in thought and with a modicum of empathy; as I have said before we do not have to like everyone as well as we like others but when it comes to a person hurting or struggling with a RL issue it is only human to at least hope for the best for the person.

{{{hugs for all}}}

Anyway, DH had an appointment today and our PCP is contacting the neurologist for an upgrade in one medicine.  He was doing fine but the last 2 weeks haven't gone well.  DH was there for his once a month visit with PCP for other things.  PCP is also going to contact the company that deals with Medicare for a walker for DH.

In my spare time I eat ice cream.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh