Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

[ Edited ]

@ShowMe   I was looking back at the Mr. Lucky thread.  45,000+ posts!!!  It was a nice thread and so many posters on there-and it's still open, not closed down.

I want you to know that you are always in thought and prayer.  This is your time, with your fears, and your time to let this be about you.  Never be afraid or hesitant  to post about YOUR issues.  They are important for you to vent, to release, to take some comfort from the wonderful people who support you and are on this journey with you, at least in spirit.

You know-just because a person says something doesn't make it true.  Remember that.

I may not like everyone (not on this thread right now) but I really try to remember that somebody somewhere DOES like/love that person.  So often it's what is said which doesn't always reflect who the person really is-that an insecure ego often drives a person to be unkind or uncaring.

That is for them to reflect upon and does not diminish you at all.

Sometimes the bruised ego will try to mend by projecting onto others and in the end it will never work.  Let yourself find peace with those who sincerely care. 

I'm glad you have some support with neighbors; and while I cannot identify with your health issues that doesn't meant they are less than mine or the issues of other people.

This thread IS about you as it should be; and this thread is also about others who step in to share their ups and downs. 

Your feelings are valid; you are valid as a person; and you are cared for very much here. 

I just wanted you and others to know this.

I will continue to be here; maybe not posting as much since some issues have escalated but know that you and all who come here in peace and friendship are important and valued.

And that goes for anybody who reads but hesitates to join in and it also goes for those elsewhere.

Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

Cakers, just a couple words to you I hope things are going a little bit better  for you and that you are able to get some rest and a little bit of peace and quiet so you can relax.. Take care Cakers.

@cater   Thank you.  That means a lot to me. 

I find peace very early in the morning and late at night, like right now.

You take care, too.Heart

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

I just got home from my usual walk for recyclables. Still hot-in the 90's. Hoping for cooler weather or some rain. Still looking around the house for my sons cat and can't find her. Doing crosswords and listening to the news.  Just a dull lonely and uninteresting life. 

@halfpint1   I hope you found your son's cat.

Please know that people care about you; it may not be the same posting with anonymous people as having company in real life but people here really do care and will chat with you anytime you want.

Take care.Heart

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

ShowMe, take all the time you need to think things out and pull your self together. The ones who truly care about you understand how shocking and a kick in the stomach all these latest developments have been thrown at you. Know that you are tired and upset right now trying to figure what the best thing for you to try. We will be here saying prayers and keeping you in our hearts and thoughts and sending caring wishes to you. Just keep looking forward and taking one day at a time. Will be back later to check on you but for now get some rest.

@cater.....you are one very caring person filled with a lot of love and concern for others.  Your words mean so much to me.  Yes, I am needing all the prayers I can get.  This is going to be a long hard journey.  At least from what I have been thinking since yesterday.  I was really exhausted....mentally, emotionaly, and physically.  Did get a good night's rest.  Will post on that after responding to some of the posts on here....

Thanks for being you.....love ya sweetie.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

Show me, it was a kick in the gut doctor appointments today. Take some time off and regroup. Rest your very weary mind come back when you are able to.

not much else tonight.

bit of excitment tonight in ,my development . 9 fire trucks full sirens going. One of the in ground propane tanks began to leak. After everything was said and done. All but 2 trucks left the 2 fire trucks that remained stayed until the gas company could come and repair said in ground tank.

ok guyswill see all tomorrow

@viva923.....yes, those appointents were really a kick in my gut.  Am so glad that Lynn was with me taking notes, and even asking some questions that I really couldn't think of.  She is so very special.  After each appointment we did discuss what took place.  She never said what she would do if she were in my shoes.  Just listened to me and did offer some ideas.  And to think that she had offered to take me to each radiation treatment before I made up my mind about that route.  That would have been 20+ visits to that treatment place.  Lots of time and money for her gas.....which I will be taking care of for what she has been doing.  She does think a lot of my Dr. G.  

How close to where you live was the propane problem?  Sounds like they had it pretty well covered before repair could be made.  

Honored Contributor

I will continue to pray for you @ShowMe during this really difficult time. I had a rough week but won’t share as you have enough on your mind without burdening you with my stuff.

A hint from a wonderful pediatric cardiologist when my newborn son was not expected to live out his first year of life........ He told me to enjoy every day and refuse to project with what ifs. Live in the moment. Just for today. I have used that mantra through my cancer diagnosis and right after my first heart attack when I went into heart failure. It truly works.... 

I applaud your bravery and concur with Cakers. Please continue to allow all of us a window into how you are doing. I wish we lived near each other and could share a cup of coffee but for now we have this thread to touch base and support one another.Heart

Honored Contributor

hey all

Show me, they a photo today of one of your Cardinals players catching a fly ball from the opposing team in our daily newspaper. they said it was a great catch and saved the game.

not much going on. dh just got back from a quick grocery store run. he picked up some food for me. I can make me some meat I have slow cooked up and will usually do a baked tater for side when dh will be at work which will be friday / saturday / sunday.. to get me into the mood of him not being home he is setting sail again like when he was in the navy and taking off for another adventure. it helps with loneliness of not having anyone home for 12 hours.

today am making up chicken in slow cooker. 

not much else guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much going on around here. did get walk in.  mailman was still delivering mail so had to go up later. neighbor lady and i walked up.

delightfully beautiful windows open. falllish today. warm up is coming.

ok will check in later.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3.....Thanks for such a beautiful and excellent post on here today.  You have such a way about you that you make everyone feel they are important.....  

So much you said is true....in fact all of it is.....  I never intended for this thread to be about me....but it does look like it is right now.  Yes, this is one hard journey I am on right now.  And I think of PREDS as she is going through a very rough time.....  We don't speak on here often, but she knows I keep her in my daily prayers.

Have spent a big part of today sleeping on and off.  And, know I won't have any problem sleeping tonight either.  Seem to nap quite a bit here lately.

Want you to know how special you are.  And how much you are loved.  And I know how much I am loved and cared for on here.

By the way, surprised to know Mr. Lucky's thread is still open.  Haven't been there in ages to even read.  

Valued Contributor

@ShowMe 

God is good !  Keep prayer and I know that your emothions are all over the place right now.  Scared, mad crying but do not give up your fight!