Honored Contributor

WHAT A SAD BUT LOVELY DAY IN MEMORY OF GEORGE H W BUSH

[ Edited ]

The net works have done a beautiful job of helping us remember this wonderful man.  And tonight CNN will be doing a special at 8:00 Western time.....7:00 Central time.

Know I will be watching it.  Will you too????

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT A SAD BUT LOVELY DAY IN MEMORY OF GEORGE H W BUSH

Yes. Sad, bittersweet day. With McCain passing away, too, it seems that many of our real leaders/heros  are leaving us. Sad.

Honored Contributor

I never paid any attention to Bush 41, but I didn't have to, if you know what I mean. I watched the tribute to 41's life and career on MSNBC last night and was surprised and delighted at what a good guy he was in general. He had a long, wonderful life and now he's with his dear wife.

Honored Contributor

Saw on the news that President Obama went to visit him in Houston this past Tuesday.

They said this morning that President Bush had told his family no more hospital. So maybe it was no more medical intervention just like Mrs. Bush had decided.

President Bush lived a long very full life. Jumped out of a plane at the age of 90. Served his country, loved his family the way a man should, was a kind man. Made friends with his political foes.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21....yes, and I heard that he said he wanted to jump out of a plane again when he turned 100.....  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Passing of a man that represented dignity and grace under pressure. Much to admire about the man and his family.

Honored Contributor

They did a good job on cnn yesterday, i always find it sad to see  how many people we are losing , but he had a really great life.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

i agree ... the networks have done a great job .... I am sad about this ....

The pictures of him in Maine .... talking about the family gathering

there brings a tear to my eye .....

Honored Contributor

Morning everyone.

I was literally glued to CNN last night.  They did a fantastic job of the tribute to George H W Bush.  Also there was a lot of history on there too.  A lot of information I didn't know or had forgotten about.  Did get a kick out of his grandson, and the things he did.  There were numerous things that did bring tears to my eyes also.

The Bush family have many wonderful memories.  

Honored Contributor

Sad to see the passing of our great leaders who were humble in both victory and defeat. If only more young people would aspire to follow in their footsteps.