Honored Contributor

How do you make your post titles appear in boldface?

Hi. How can I make my post title appear in bold. Bold only seems to work for what’s in my text boxes.

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you make your post titles appear in boldface?

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D, We don't have the option to format our thread title in bold text because the website system software uses the bold font to help us (when we're logged in) to see if we've already read a thread and all of its responses.

The website software has the ability to use bold letters in the title, users do not.   The site uses bold letters as a "marker" or "flag" to show each person, once they've signed in,  if they have or haven't already seen everything in a thread.

For that reason, the topic line is not the same as the area in which we type the body of our original post or our replies -- the formatting options are very limited, for all of us. 

In the title, no poster has the option to use bold letters, or to underline, italicize, use colors, choose a different "font family," etc.    We can use upper- or lower-case letters and we can add some emojis and symbols.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  LOL  Hi doobs!  I was just going to respond that the titles all appear in bold and we don't have the capability to do so.

Your explanation explains it better.

I see you are up late, too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@dooBdoo  LOL  Hi doobs!  I was just going to respond that the titles all appear in bold and we don't have the capability to do so.

Hi, @Cakers3!  I'm treating the pesky beginnings of a migraine, and decided to check in here to see what was up.   I've missed you!❤️   I hope all is well.

Thanks!   This question comes up fairly often, and I've answered it before so I thought I'd try to help out.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Mindy D, We don't have the option to format our thread title in bold text because the website system software uses the bold font to help us (when we're logged in) to see if we've already read a thread and all of its responses.

The website software has the ability to use bold letters in the title, users do not.   The site uses bold letters as a "marker" or "flag" to show each person if they have or haven't already seen everything in a thread.

For that reason, the topic line is not the same as the area in which we type the body of our original post or our replies -- the formatting options are very limited, for all of us. 

In the title, no poster has the option to use bold letters, or to underline, italicize, use colors, choose a different "font family," etc.    We can use upper- or lower-case letters and we can add some emojis and symbols.

Thanks. You are a very good writer. Why are my titles NEVER. In bold and almost everyone else has their title in bold? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

Thanks. You are a very good writer. Why are my titles NEVER. In bold and almost everyone else has their title in bold? 

You're welcome, and thank you for the lovely compliment, @Mindy D!🌻   Your title won't be in bold for you because you've already read your own thread.   If anyone responds after you leave your thread, then your title will become bold text to indicate to you that you haven't read everything in the discussion.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Hi, @Cakers3!  I'm treating the pesky beginnings of a migraine, and decided to check in here to see what was up.   I've missed you!❤️   I hope all is well.

Thanks!   This question comes up fairly often, and I've answered it before so I thought I'd try to help out.  

@dooBdoo  Oh dooBdoo you have such a time with those migraines.  I'm so sorry.

Tomorrow is one of DH's tests and DS also has an infusion treatment.

Unfortunately both at the same time but different locations.  *sigh*

DH finally went to sleep so I'm starting to wind down myself.

Sending you healing energy.Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Thank you for your kindness, @Cakers3.   (((Cakers and DS and DH)))...  I'm sending healing energy to you, too.❤️

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3.  No, all titles do not appear in bold.  I've wondered why most but not all do appear in bold.  There's nothing you as the author of a thread can do to control this.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo You are exactly correct. If it appears in bold, you have not read something on it.

The first time you open a thread it will be bold in the heading. If you see that it is bold again once you have left it, that means someone added a post that you haven't seen.

I find it a great way (plus the indication in one of the columns that indicates how many new posts there are on the thread) to know whether or not I want to go back into the thread. Saves times when you know in advance that you have already entered the thread.