Highlighted
Respected Contributor

WARNING--AMAZON POSSIBLE SCAM

[ Edited ]

Received an e-mail overnight supposedly from Amazon.  Said my account and been frozen/locked and that I had to update the account to reopen it.  Provided a link to do the updating.

I didn't click on the link.  I trashed the e-mail.

Just a warning.

Trusted Contributor

Re: WARNING--AMAZON POSSIBLE SCAM

In the past week or so I've been getting e-mails that my Amazon order is out for delivery & given a link to check on on the status. I haven't placed any recent orders with Amazon so I know those e-mails are fake, I just delete them. 

I've also gotten e-mails that there's a problem with my order & again given a link to use to check on the issue. Again, since I hadn't placed any order, I knew this was bogus as well, so I just deleted the e-mail. 

Whenever I get an e-mail from a company that I do business with that has a link in that I'm supposed to use to access my account, I never use it, I go straight to the company's website & log into my account. 

Honored Contributor

I got a emal supposedly from Amazon concerning by order.  It started out as Dear Customer, I knew that was a scam, deleted it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Whenever I get those types of e-mails I ignore and delete them.  If it's legit I'm going to be told about it next time I go to log into that account.

Same with unrecognized phone numbers, if it's important they will leave a message.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the warning! 

Valued Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Received an e-mail overnight supposedly from Amazon.  Said my account and been frozen/locked and that I had to update the account to reopen it.  Provided a link to do the updating.

I didn't click on the link.  I trashed the e-mail.

Just a warning.

I get that same email once a week. I don't open it and trash it immediately.

Honored Contributor

I used to feel really secure when I shopped there, but lately I have been hearing about all types of things and I don't feel they are any safer or better than any where else!!!!!  For such a huge place and getting more huge all the time, they best be spending some more of their time and energy on increasing security and safety of their site, as opposed to seeing how much bigger they can get and how many more companies they can buy!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

If you look at the e mail address, it is not a true Amazon e mail there is a difference

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

There are a lot of Amazon scam emails.  I put them in my junk folder and then block them.  When you click on block, you'll see the sender's real email address.  If it's not Amazon, you'll know.  

I reported several to Amazon.  I quit getting emails from those.  But others continue.

Respected Contributor

I've also received several e-mails from Amazon saying my order has shipped even though I have not ordered anything. I don't open them but just delete them.