Trusted Contributor

Just wondering if anyone has or had one ?  Did it work for you?

Super Contributor

Re: Vision Boards

[ Edited ]

Seriously, NO! Vision boards are in category with:

palm readers, horoscopes, psychic readers, ouija board, corporate gibberish, etc., etc.

Honored Contributor

What do you mean by vision boards?  All I can think of is the eye chart in the optometrist's office.

Honored Contributor

@roster wrote:

Seriously, NO! Vision boards are in category with:

palm readers, horoscopes, psychic readers, ouija board, corporate gibberish, etc., etc.

@roster   What????????? 

No they are not.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor
A vision board is a representation of your hopes and dreams for the future. What do you want to be? Where do you want to go? What do you want for your life? Has nothing to do with horoscopes or palm reading. 🤪😂 It can be valuable if you’re trying to clarify priorities and direction for your life. Where am I now? Where do I want to be?
Honored Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has or had one ?  Did it work for you?

No, but I've created mood boards before at work.

I think the problem with vision boards is that you're limited to images others have created, stuff from magazines. When you're visualizing what you want to create for your future, generally you don't want to have other people's stuff or their homes (lol or their lovers). You want your own.

If you can currently get into the contented and appreciative mindset that will also naturally occur in the future when you have all the things and experiences you want, that works the best at drawing even more positivity to you. And contentment and positivity and appreciation never hurt anybody.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

You can also do a vision board for decorating....fabric samples, pictures of what you like, paint samples etc...

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

You can also do a vision board for decorating....fabric samples, pictures of what you like, paint samples etc...

@Mom2Dogs   That's what I thought of when I saw this thread.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Ok, thank you all for your input.

Esteemed Contributor

@isaboo  When I had to pick everything for a new house, yes I did a vision board (don't think it was called that) with samples of carpet, paint tile, cabinets etc to make sure everthing flowed in open areas. Changed things 1000 times but it worked great.