Honored Contributor

Virginia Tech students, and what they did...

to that 13 year old. How does this happen?

What makes people so terribly disturbed?

Please, people with young children and teens, watch their social media, know where they are at all times. Keep them busy in ways that they don't go looking for 'friends' or support from strangers they don't know. You won't be popular, but whatever it takes to keep them safe from freaks like this.

Pure evil.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Virginia Tech students, and what they did...

I saw video of the "track star" and the " NASA intern" and they were so smug. They really thought they were so intelligent. Plenty of smart people sitting in jail. My heart goes out to this young (she just turned 13) girl. I hope the killers rot.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

This is such an incredibly horrible event.  The two of them, plotting how to kill her.

And that poor girl, born ill and didn't get out of the hospital for a year.  then she came down with cancer, I think it was.  And she was bullied at school a lot.

That's a set up for a psychopath like those two to exploit.  That is most likely more to blame than her parent or parents.  She wanted to be accepted, to have a boyfriend, she was an easy mark, that poor child.

Kids easily learn how to cover their online path, sometimes there is nothing a parent can do.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Kids easily learn how to cover their online path, sometimes there is nothing a parent can do.

There's an app for that!

Parents need to be more aware as well knowing their way around tech world just as well as their tech savy children.

Like my child & sil always remind their 16 yr old (my grand)....

Not only can I hack your computer & mobile devices, I can also hack your mind.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

There's an app for that!

Parents need to be more aware as well knowing their way around tech world just as well as their tech savy children.

Like my child & sil always remind their 16 yr old (my grand)....

Not only can I hack your computer & mobile devices, I can also hack your mind.

Yes, apparently it's quote common that kids set up dummy accounts for show and bury their real accounts for contacting others.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you Beth.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's some of the information on Nicole's medical condition:

"She had to have a liver transplant when she was only 10 months old — and three years later she was diagnosed non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, which put her in a coma for six months, Weeks said."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-felony-charge-added-death-13-year-old-nicole-lovell-n509961

She had a liver transplant and needed daily medication for that.  Her mother was terrified when she wasn't home to take her meds.

Super Contributor

I live in Virginia,  this murder has me so mad and sad.   I heard on our local news tonight that the female Virginia Tech student who participated in the murder told the FBI agents that she felt special and privileged to share in the details of this murder.   Oh and the excuse her parents are saying  for the daughter participating in the murders is their daughter has mental illness.   I hope and pray that both of them rot in jail  for the rest of their lives. This is so wrong what they did to this beautiful girl,   she was an innocent child loved by her family, friends and community.   

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard much about this and the little I have is very baffling.   These two "kids" are just starting their lives and veer off in such a crazy direction that has not only destroyed a family, but ruined their lives!

If you have children or grandchildren .....   remember that PREDATORS are everywhere, and they all don't look like creepy old men ...