Trusted Contributor

Re: Virginia Tech students, and what they did...

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Horrible things like this have been happening forever. I can remember an incident when I was growing up in a small town. We were all very naive then. Now it is much worse. I was never taught when I was young to beware. Now.. everyone must be taught and warned. What a horrible tragedy by evil people. Reminds me of the Air Force female cadet and her boyfriend the Naval Academy cadet murdering a rival female from high school. 

I agree.  I've seen a number of comments about this (not on this site) about how terrible kids are these days.  People seem to forget history - Leopold and Loeb were teenagers who killed a child in the 1920's just to see what it was like and because they thought they would get away with it because they were smarter than everyone else.  I lived in the Dallas area when those two you referred to killed Adrianne Jones. Couldn't take my eyes off the TV when Zamora's trial for that murder was on  Court TV.  So very sad for Adrianne's family.

Honored Contributor

Re: Virginia Tech students, and what they did...

Preying on children is not new, but I was surprised the perps thought their electronic trail would not lead to them.