Respected Contributor

As usual, my cat Slick jumped up on the night stand early this morning and started knocking stuff around to get me out of bed. I yelled at him to knock it off. Right after that I distinctly heard a man's voice as if it was in the room say just maybe 3 words. I thought my alarm had gone off so I got out of bed and it was 4:08 a.m. and not time for the alarm to go off for awhile yet and it had not turned on. I don't remember what was said. It's very quiet in the neighborhood that time of day and didn't appear anyone was out and about. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Am I losing it?

Trusted Contributor

@catter70 .....OMG!  reading your post gave me goose bumps!

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

As usual, my cat Slick jumped up on the night stand early this morning and started knocking stuff around to get me out of bed. I yelled at him to knock it off. Right after that I distinctly heard a man's voice as if it was in the room say just maybe 3 words. I thought my alarm had gone off so I got out of bed and it was 4:08 a.m. and not time for the alarm to go off for awhile yet and it had not turned on. I don't remember what was said. It's very quiet in the neighborhood that time of day and didn't appear anyone was out and about. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Am I losing it?

It might not appeared that someone was outside, but I bet they were.  They usually speak softly, but it does carry.  It could have been someone by your house, under your window.  Either on your property or next door. Voices do carry. 

Trusted Contributor

If your cat tried to wake you up when it wasn't the routine time, he was probably warning you of danger. Was anything out of place in your house or is anything missing? If I were you, I would double-lock all doors and windows at night, especially if you live alone.

Honored Contributor

Do you have the ring security door bell?Any one been in your house ,like repair people?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

The most likely answer is a man was outside, voices carry. You'll get all kinds of over the top replies...go with the obvious & don't  let others scare the heck out of you.

Respected Contributor

@catter70  I, too, heard a man's voice say a couple of words which I cannot make out. It happens in the very late night. It does not wake me as I'm always fully awake when it happens. It does not happen often, maybe 3 times in the last 5 years. A mystery.

Esteemed Contributor

That was a scarey story.  Sometimes I hear people outside in the middle of the night and I will peek outside to see if I can see anyone and I never can, so weird.   We live in a very quiet condo complex and we are at the end of a cul de sac.   I understand voices carry when it's quiet outside but it still creeps me out.  Of course DH never hears a thing, just I do.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it was a neighbor driving down the street with their window open and radio on.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

It might be innocent, but I would say that your cat sensed some kind of danger, and alerted you.