Honored Contributor

Re: Verizon Employee Suspended For Rescuing Cat

[ Edited ]

So many different views here, lots of variety, some interesting thoughts.

A line caught my attention:

'DIsease (sic), injury, and death-not something any animal activist would risk with a pet.'

In the midst of such a varied discussion, it seems a bit odd for one person to think they can categorically state what no one else will do.

Especially as someone has already done it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

The cat owner should be put on top of a telephone pole, for letting the cat roam.

Respected Contributor

We had one unbelievably horrible experience with Verizon so anytime they can get some bad publicity, I'm all for it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

The cat owner should be put on top of a telephone pole, for letting the cat roam.

Has it been established that the cat's owner let it roam as opposed to the cat escaping?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Has it been established that the cat's owner let it roam as opposed to the cat escaping?

@Marp  Okay, I'll give the owner of *Princess Momma* the benefit of doubt that the cat escaped the safety of her home.

That said, there are millions of 'pet' cats let out every day and/or night to fend for themselves. 

It's not like cats just lay in the grass among the daisies and bask in the sunshine and drink the morning dew from buttercups.

They are subjected to fleas and other parasites, getting hit by automobiles, killed by wild animals, and fighting with other (feral) cats.

The list goes on.

But some cat owners just open the door and let them out thinking it the right thing to do.

I could never.  My cats are wild, the last place they want to go--is outside.