Honored Contributor

Vendors back in the studio??!!

Watching the TSV knife presentation at midnight on the 20th, and they have the vendor back in the studio right with Rick.

Is this the first time they have had a vendor back in the studio? I haven't seen it happening, but so glad to see this tonight. Perhaps we will see more and more?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vendors back in the studio??!!

Not the first time, ITKWD has had a couple of vendors present.

Honored Contributor

I think Rick said this was the first TSV show with a vendor in the studio!  Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Yeah, David's had Tara, Mark Charles, and a couple of others in studio at various times the past couple of weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a better look with the vendors in studio.

One vendor at a distance should be fine.

Teachers have been in small rooms with 20 students more or less forever.

Respected Contributor

I much prefer to see vendors in their own environment. There is a significant cost to having to go to the studio.  We pick that cost up in pricing.  

Esteemed Contributor

@FoodieBeth wrote:

Yeah, David's had Tara, Mark Charles, and a couple of others in studio at various times the past couple of weeks.

Tara is literally David's neighbor, if I'm remembering correctly.  I assume those that have been in the studio are also very local and didn't need to travel far to get there. Anyone know if that assumption is not correct?

I understand the comments that it's not necessary for vendors to fly in, but if they are local, I don't see any reason they couldn't be in studio.

Esteemed Contributor

I find it all entirely pointless and useless.

The knife representative Jeremy is a great presenter and demonstrator, but did a terrific job whether at home or in the alternate QVC kitchen set.

As noted, all the on set presenters thus far are local and presumably can drive in easily.  Maybe the per diems pick up a gas allowance. 

Honored Contributor

My opinion is that if the hosts do their homework, a vendor isn't needed. However, if QVC is using them, then I like both host and vendor working together in person.

Honored Contributor

I've spent plenty of money in the past 2 years at the Q without the vendors in the studio.  Will it really make a difference in sales to have them present?  I don't know the answer.