Honored Contributor

Re: Vendors back in the studio??!!

I never thought anything was wrong with vendors staying in their home.  In fact, I assumed they would keep this arrangement IF COVID ever decided to leave (which it won't for the next 20 years, etc) I like it the way it is now.  It's cheaper for QVC, & bigger profit. 

Honored Contributor

It just dawned on me that there seems to be a much less chance of vendors and hosts talking over each other when presenting items remotely (not in the studio together). 

Also, I like to see vendors' various pets and sometimes their home environments.  

It's an added 'plus', imo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

It's not the first time.  Vendors on all the shopping channels are trickling back. I do think some will continue with remote presentations because it's more convenient for them personally.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't really mind the remotes if the audio and video quality was good.  And the host and vendor were good at being able to "give and take" in their presentation.  

Too often that was not the case.  To the point that the product details were unclear.  I thought many remotes didn't do justice to the product.  It continued to surprise me that so many of the vendors had such poor setups.  I could understand in the beginning when everything was up in the air, but even now many of the remotes are hard for me to watch.  To me it is much like watching a YouTube video.  I've watched (and purchased) less with all the remote presentations.

I watched a bit of ITKWD with the in-studio guests and I like it better than the remotes.  Even if they are standing apart from each other.  Hopefully, if they start having more vendors in the studios they will refrain from all the hugging and kissing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio  I am so happy to see the vendors back with the hosts at QVC! Especially with the kitchen shows. The cooking segments are not well coordinated when the vendors are off-site. There was too much interrupting each other and talking over each other because of the delays. Perhaps the fashion presentations lend themselves more to remotes, but the cooking and kitchen demos are better in person, as far as I'm concerned.

New Contributor

I have a hard time with remote makeup shows.  For example, I would learn tips from Laura Geller when she'd say" so for those of you with droopy eyelids, you can place the eyeshadow this way".  Now, all she says remotely is that "Suzanne is wearing the light taupe".  I don't even watch the shows anymore.  The on-set guests added value to me with their hands-on tips.

Esteemed Contributor

Many people are working from home and will do so permanently. Vendors should be given a choice. Unless, they have a TSV it’s not worth the time, hotel fees, erratic flights & high gas prices to spend a few minutes on an item. Some of these vendors come in from Cal. Flights will be prohibitive in the future due to increase in fuel costs.

I see no reason to force a vendor to go to PA.
Honored Contributor

@Tampalulu wrote:

I have a hard time with remote makeup shows.  For example, I would learn tips from Laura Geller when she'd say" so for those of you with droopy eyelids, you can place the eyeshadow this way".  Now, all she says remotely is that "Suzanne is wearing the light taupe".  I don't even watch the shows anymore.  The on-set guests added value to me with their hands-on tips.

I agree that some shows benefit more from an in-studio vendor/rep than others.  Some don't need to be in house for what they're selling--even if their remote isn't great quality it doesn't matter.

I also agree that it might be nice to have the TSV vendor in-house for the day.  

But I do think with remote guests the host need to be on the ball.  And the producer.  Some of the camera shots do not reflect what the vendor is describing at that moment.

On the other hand, I watch and buy so little from QVC now I suppose my opinion doesn't really matter.

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Not the first time, ITKWD has had a couple of vendors present.

@qbetzforreal 

I am suppose to know what ITKWD means?  Sorry, I have no idea. And for those that like this way of communicating?  Are you old enough to be proficient at Short Hand?  If not, guess I might think about posting using that method! Save time and space, but what's the point if most can't understand what I am saying.

How many times have you seen a poster ask this question. What does bciss/dyec/ilhbilt?

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@Stray wrote:
Many people are working from home and will do so permanently. Vendors should be given a choice. Unless, they have a TSV it’s not worth the time, hotel fees, erratic flights & high gas prices to spend a few minutes on an item. Some of these vendors come in from Cal. Flights will be prohibitive in the future due to increase in fuel costs.

I see no reason to force a vendor to go to PA.

It's been a long time and for the life of me I can't remember where I read it.  Anyways, the Peace Love Lady flew in from Miami for a short presentation and they said she was furious that they made her come for that quick presentation.