Honored Contributor

Re: Vendors adding Covid charges

We have seen food prices increase  but have not seen "Covid Charges" either from vendors or health care providers.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I am sure the prices have increased and someone is getting more money...it just is added into the rising costs and not labeled as "Covid Charges"
Honored Contributor

I think most may have seen utility bills go up because we spending more time working from home or just staying at home.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there have been and continue to be scams using Covid as the excuse for super slow shipping of online orders. Not referring to QVC at all since I have not ordered anything for several months.  What was the excuse before Covid for slow shipping? I ordered a children's book on Nov16 on Amazon and it shipped yesterday. Just hope it's here by Christmas. The seller will not get a good. review from me if it isn't here soon. . How much effort does it take to throw a children's book into a padded envelope and mail it? It is a small bookseller and he has changed to date of delivery three times.

Honored Contributor

When hair and nail salons opened back up in May, most of them made it clear that there would be an increase in charges due to Covid.  The nail salons had to put plexiglass up between stations, they were supplying masks, lots of hand sanitizer, thermometer to take temps.  Same with hair salons on top of wiping everything down in between every client, etc. 

So far those are the only places I've been where they were up front about a surcharge due to Covid.  However, I have noticed an increase in food prices at almost every one of the local takeout places we have ordered food from.         

Trusted Contributor

I placed an online order from a clothing company and saw a "Carrier Imposed COVID Charge" itemized on the order summary. $2.00. I'm going to call and ask about that. Hmmmm.

Trusted Contributor

My trash collector added a $2.00 per month charge because of Covid.  They "say" it will be temporary.  Ha.

Esteemed Contributor

I have not felt any changes to medical services.  What I have seen is a rise in food prices.  And with shortages people are willing to pay.  I have my limits and I will go without before I overpay for anything.  

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

My trash collector added a $2.00 per month charge because of Covid.  They "say" it will be temporary.  Ha.

@chlema , my nail salon said it's temporary too but I'm betting the prices will never go back down.

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema wrote:

What?  Sounds like a scam