Regular Contributor

Re: Vendor on Amazon offered me money to remove a bad review

[ Edited ]

@MakeUpMaidn 

I have no idea what a Vine Reporter is.  I'm a Vine Voice. Amazon invited a few thousand people who have been writing reviews voted helpful.  I was invited back in 2008. We have a list of items we can choose from for reviews. Amazon ships the items to me, I use it and then write a review.  The items were completely free for many years but once the IRS found out, now I receive a 1099 for the fair market value and have to pay taxes like it's income. I've received many nice, name brand items over the years but now it's mostly 3rd party seller junk. 

Respected Contributor

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn 

I have no idea what a Vine Reporter is.  I'm a Vine Voice. Amazon invited a few thousand people who have been writing reviews voted helpful.  I was invited back in 2008. We have a list of items we can choose from for reviews. Amazon ships the items to me, I use it and then write a review.  The items were completely free for many years but once the IRS found out, now I receive a 1099 for the fair market value and have to pay taxes like it's income. I've received many nice, name brand items over the years but now it's mostly 3rd party seller junk. 

~~~~~~~~

@Hmmmmm24 

Oh wow.  That sounds like fun!  Thanks!

I've been Amz Reviews that mention they rec'd the product & in exchange for their feedback.   II always thought that'd be a great opportunity!

Was nice, shows integrity, that as part of their Review, they qualified their Review as a result of being sent the Product.

Regular Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn 

~~~~~~~~

@Hmmmmm24 

I've been Amz Reviews that mention they rec'd the product & in exchange for their feedback.   II always thought that'd be a great opportunity!

Was nice, shows integrity, that as part of their Review, they qualified their Review as a result of being sent the Product.

@MakeUpMaidn 

Yes, it is fun and it's a good hobby for me now that I'm finally retired. I assume you're into make-up? I've received a lot of expensive skincare items and make-up too. Brands sold here on QVC. Dennis Gross, Laura Geller, Perricone - and on health & beauty items, I don't have to pay any taxes on those. If you review on Amazon yourself, maybe check to see if you've been invited to Vine. Amazon recently invited more people and some had only written ONE review! Do a google search for Amazon Vine and I think you may find a link there to check.

Respected Contributor

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn 

~~~~~~~~

@Hmmmmm24 

@MakeUpMaidn 

Yes, it is fun and it's a good hobby for me now that I'm finally retired. I assume you're into make-up? I've received a lot of expensive skincare items and make-up too. Brands sold here on QVC. Dennis Gross, Laura Geller, Perricone - and on health & beauty items, I don't have to pay any taxes on those. If you review on Amazon yourself, maybe check to see if you've been invited to Vine. Amazon recently invited more people and some had only written ONE review! Do a google search for Amazon Vine and I think you may find a link there to check.

~~~~~~~`

@Hmmmmm24 

Thanks for responding.  Woman Happy

Since you are already experienced.  Just to let you know, many gals on Youtube, manage to get free cosmetics from companies to test and give feedback on their the gal's YT Channels.  Some of these "testing" gals even eventually come out with their own Makeup Lines, or Their own Name Brand ex: "Eyeshadow Compact" of a known Makeup line.

It doesnt even have to be Cosmetics!   Cld be any other products or anything your imagination can cook up.  Woman Happy

With your experience, & knowledge & imagination, in your retirement, you could parlay all the above, in any number of ways!  

You're obviously an "Adventurer!"

( psst    (love "go getters" & "Adventurers!")

Good luck  @Hmmmmm24 !!  Woman Happy