Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vendor on Amazon offered me money to remove a bad review

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower    You're rationalizing bad behavior. 

@Kachina624   Can you explain what you mean by that?

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower    Making excuses.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower    Making excuses.

@Kachina624   What excuses?

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower   Look up the definition of rationalize.  I can't copy it but basically you're trying to justify something inappropriate.

I think a lot of people don't trust the reviews or don't care about them -- they're going to buy what they want -- and when they receive the item, then they'll make a decision about whether or not to keep it.

I'd rather get my refund than worry about my review and whether or not it would make a difference -- or if anyone even cares about it. You do what you're comfortable with and I'll do what I'm comfortable with

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I haven't had that happen but I was offered the same product free for writing a review which I have before. 

Respected Contributor

Use of the word "BRIBE" here startles me.  That's quite a serious charge!

esp as it relates to a vendor, & my own cont'd, extraordinary experiences with Amz, as Amz has been awarded, & earned my increasingly voluminous purchases.

Hypothetically, depending on the reason for my orig lower feedback, if I were offered a replacement, or refund, I'd probably  addendum my Review* to reflect great Customer Svc, but  "BRIBE?". nah!  I "doubt it!"

I consider my relationship with a Vendor to be a totally symbiotic, professional relationship.  You offer me a presented quality product, & I pay good money for it. 

And Vendor, "DO NOT *continue* to FAIL ME, or I'll dump you in a heart beat. There's too many other vendors that want my money, offering me their quality wares, & their great Cust Svc."

Respected Contributor

I order a lot from Amazon and I never leave reviews. I always get emails about leaving  reviews but I just delete them and don't even open them.  I didn’t know I may be passing up some financial incentive to write one! I'm not saying I would lie about a piece of junk, but if I did have a positive review,  why not?

Respected Contributor

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

@Highlands22 wrote:

I generally only read the Amazon reviews that are designated "verified purchase" or those that contain customer-provided images.

I suppose these could be inaccurate at times, but for the most part, I accept them as legit.

I'm a top-rated Amazon Reviewer, in the Top 500 before Amazon did away with ranking. You can't trust the reviews that have a lot of photos submitted either. Many of these reviewers are members of Facebook Review Clubs, where they get free items ONLY if they continue to leave 5 star reviews. Amazon tried several times to shut down these review clubs, only to have more of them pop up. A review with 1 or 2 photos is fine, I trust those for the most part....but the reviews that have 3+++ photos, no. Especially when the photos only show the item in the box, never having been used. Photos that show defects, yes, I believe those.

~~~~~~~~~~~

@Hmmmmm24 

What is/was a Vine Reporter? 

And what did you, they,    or, do they do?

TIA

Respected Contributor

Be prepared to be contacted by the seller if you give a really bad review. Amazon does have standards for sellers. They are allowed only a certain number of 1-2 star reviews or they can be taken off of Amazon. They are never supposed to contact the customer regarding a bad review. They all sign a contract with the guidelines disclosed before they become a seller. A teacher friend of mine is an Amazon bookseller during the summer...she has seen and heard it all! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Vendor on AmIazon offered me money to remove a bad review

[ Edited ]

Interesting to know some people have a price.