Honored Contributor

Re: Vacuum Cleaner

[ Edited ]

@nyc1: I have the B&D DustBuster and love it to keep my recliner clean but I do have problems bending over. I was doing research for another vacuum but DH ordered one of the Shark vacuum and love it but also somewhat heavy for me. Yet DH will get his feelings hurt if I purchase something else. SouthernBee 

Found on Amazon - extension flat floor head attachment for the B&D will give this a try. Will have to cut hair from roller head but at least until I can find something else and not expensive. SouthernBee 

Trusted Contributor

I am glad to see this thread!  I spent 2 hours online yesterday reviewing vacuums.    My last 2 died within a couple of years because of my long hair winding around the rollers!  The Dyson actually smelled like it was catching on fire one day when hair was around the roller. So, I am especially glad that @Still babybecky mentioned about the Bissell Pet Eraser one.  I saw good testimonials about those, so thanks for posting, I will check it further.

I should be bald if all that hair wound around the rollers was my hair!  There had to have been a long -haired dog living in this house before me, because all that hair couldn't be from me!!   LOL

Respected Contributor

@Still babybecky wrote:

Had to chime in!  Got a bissell recently : called a pet hair eraser! With a tangle free brush roll! It's the best! I want to get another one so I don't have to carry it up and down stairs! I have had a number of vacuums but this is the best! NO MORE  asking my husband to turn it upside down and cut all the tangled hair out!!! It vacuums nicely as well. I love it! 

This post could have been written by me....EXACTLY my experience, including the stairs, lol. In case the OP wants to know, I bought the more expensive model.....it's great! 

Btw, I have a Golden Retriever + cats. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thanks for the info on the Bissell. Definitely going to look for one.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@nyc1: I have the B&D DustBuster and love it to keep my recliner clean but I do have problems bending over. I was doing research for another vacuum but DH ordered one of the Shark vacuum and love it but also somewhat heavy for me. Yet DH will get his feelings hurt if I purchase something else. SouthernBee 

Found on Amazon - extension flat floor head attachment for the B&D will give this a try. Will have to cut hair from roller head but at least until I can find something else and not expensive. SouthernBee 

@SouthernBee   Good luck with the extension on your dustbuster.   I hope it works for you.  You are so sweet not to get something else because of your husband.  I LOVE that.  I would do the same.  Please let us know if you find a good solution.