Honored Contributor

Oh, Those Pesky Phones! Warning: Big Laughs Ahead...

A professor finally had to mandate that if a student allows his/her phone to ring in class, said student would have to go on speaker phone and publicly take the call. 

As one who frequently takes classes as an adult at a local university, I'm well familiar with the dilemma of teachers who find their students "can't" disengage from their electronics.  But that's a whole other, serious thread.  On to the fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Ag4GJPo4Wb4

Honored Contributor

Re: Oh, Those Pesky Phones! Warning: Big Laughs Ahead...

Oh now that was good!!!!  ROFLOL

Esteemed Contributor

It seems to me that it was the instructor who got the lesson that day.

What if that call had been legit, or the call was to inform the person that they had some illness, or that a loved one had died?

I bet his speaker phone policy went out the window after that.

Good for the students on teaching the instructor on the value of privacy!

I don't find the clip funny at all.

Honored Contributor

I knew my teenage son would love this, and he did.  Then he really surprised me--  through his chuckles, he said something like he wondered if they were putting as much energy into their work as they were in punking their professor!   I'm shocked since that has been one of our issues the past few years-- we don't want him to be so absorbed in electronics that he neglects priorities.

A professor of my acquaintance also told me that it is a problem of massive proportions--  he commented that it isn't limiited to students, that all workplaces are having to deal with "distracted" employees to one degree or another.

I completely support the legitimate effort of professors to ensure that the classroom be a place of learning.

That being said, the obvious rapport being shown in the video between class and professor, and the good natured ribbing of the prank, makes it a rather delightful interlude.  They got him good! 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

LOL! Thanks for the laugh!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh,that was priceless. Thanks for sharing @Oznell!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett