New Contributor

At one time QVC sold a vacuum cleaner that had a bar or pedal that you pressed and it would cut up the hair on the rollers so you didn't have to cut it off yourself. I struggle with alot of hair on my carpet. Does anyone know the brand and style it was?

Honored Contributor

Re: Vacuum Cleaner

[ Edited ]

The information is not in my order history. I think it was an Electrolux. Loved it but it was too heavy for me and my lower back and hip issues. Could not get it packed back in the box to return and gave it to a friend.  Lesson learned and I now shop locally for items that I can see, pick up especially if large and would be issue trying to repackage and return. SouthernBee 

Kathy1036- Welcome to the forums. You will enjoy the fun, and very informative and helpful people.

Frequent Contributor

Had to chime in!  Got a bissell recently : called a pet hair eraser! With a tangle free brush roll! It's the best! I want to get another one so I don't have to carry it up and down stairs! I have had a number of vacuums but this is the best! NO MORE  asking my husband to turn it upside down and cut all the tangled hair out!!! It vacuums nicely as well. I love it! 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

The information is not in my order history. I think it was an Electrolux. Loved it but it was too heavy for me and my lower back and hip issues. Could not get it packed back in the box to return and gave it to a friend.  Lesson learned and I now shop locally for items that I can see, pick up especially if large and would be issue trying to repackage and return. SouthernBee 

Kathy1036- Welcome to the forums. You will enjoy the fun, and very informative and helpful people.

@SouthernBee

I have an Electrolux small cordless vac with the same hair cutting feature.  In fact, I bought two years ago when they were TSVs.  I love them!  Still using them almost daily and haven’t had one problem with either.  I wish they were still available.

I also had the same experience of ordering a full-size vac online and couldn’t get it all back in the box to return.  I agree with you—from now on I will only be purchasing these large items locally.  Lesson learned!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette: I need something small for my 1/2 bath that is my bathroom.  My hair is falling out and area is difficult to sweep or use regular vacuum. SouthernBee 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@SouthernBee wrote:

@SouthernBee

I have an Electrolux small cordless vac with the same hair cutting feature.  In fact, I bought two years ago when they were TSVs.  I love them!  Still using them almost daily and haven’t had one problem with either.  I wish they were still available.

I also had the same experience of ordering a full-size vac online and couldn’t get it all back in the box to return.  I agree with you—from now on I will only be purchasing these large items locally.  Lesson learned!

@geezerette  I've  been using a cordless Electrolux for MANY MANY years as a suppliment to my regular vacuum.  It's SO CONVENIENT.  Go to HSN,  they have an excellent one there for $199.  It has a floor recharging stand which I prefer (some of the other models don't).  The Electrolux cordless vacs are available in several places and there are different models. The one on HSN is exceptional.  I'm thinking of purchasing another when they have their 20% off coupon.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee

Funny you should mention baths.  That is one of the places I always use the smaller cordless vacs.  I can get around in all the small nooks and crannies easily, plus vacuum the throw rugs.  My full-size vacuum is too powerful to do the rugs; the cordless does the job without a problem.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@geezerette: I need something small for my 1/2 bath that is my bathroom.  My hair is falling out and area is difficult to sweep or use regular vacuum. SouthernBee 

@SouthernBee  Get a B&D Dustbuster.  I have one for that purpose and it's perfect!  Quick clean up.  Otherwise a cordless vac should do the trick if you don't want to bend down.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1

Thanks, I’ll have to check it out!  I have the ones with a stand charger too.  One of the best purchases I’ve ever made!  Mine are still going strong, but it’s good to know I could replace them if necessary.

Trusted Contributor

Funny, I spent an hour the other morning on my floor cutting out all the hair on the roll of my vacuum, a dyson...said to my mom,  how come they don’t make it easier to remove the hair from vacuum cleaners? Well I guess they do...I’m going to google some of these mentioned, thanks all!!

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it