Frequent Contributor
A local, wealthy business owner who is under 65 with no chronic health issues managed to get his first dose of covid-19 vaccine by lying about his health on our state's questionnaire.
There are far too many selfish, entitled people in this world.
Makes me angry that he took the vaccine dose away from someone who needs it more than he does.
There's a special place in the afterlife for him, at least I hope so! SMH
Honored Contributor

Re: Vaccine Line Jumpers

[ Edited ]

Your complaint must be taken up with whomever was doling out the vaccinations without proper identification, similar to voting without identification.  People will cheat.  It's human nature albeit the worst part of our nature but there are some who will.  Please allow the authorities at the place, where the vaccination is given, know this.

Honored Contributor

This whole vaccine distribution program has been a disgusting fiasco.  You'd think with all the experience we've had with disasters, we could have done much better.

I wonder if they're now morally obligated to give this pig his second shot?  I heard about a young, millionaire couple in Canada did the same thing.  They flew by chartered plane to what sounded like a small Indian village and claimed to be employees.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's going pretty good in our area and our mayor and sheriff did get the vaccination for show-and-tell, in the line ahead of anyone else, so that others would not fear it. I think that is a wise decision and not a reason not to take it.  The sheriff is 75 and the mayor near it, but it was not based on their age but as encouragement. 

Respected Contributor

I totally agree. Our news this evening reported some of the state legislators jumped the line and got the vaccine when it was for the state road workers. They claimed they were told to line up.  I just got an appointment for Wednesday 2/3 @ 9 am after signing up on several websites several weeks ago.  I am over 65 and a type 2 diabetic.  I will be so glad when this virus is under control

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter told me this week about her friends dad. He is around 60, is good health and is retired. In my state they are vaccinating the 70 and up people and the ones in health care.

Well, her friends dad has a friend who is a pharmacist. This pharmacist have his the vaccination this past Monday. Meanwhile, my elderly parents, many elderly people are waiting. My folks just got an appointment today and I am grateful. The their first shots will be in two weeks. 

I told a lady who works at walgreens this tale, and she told me to call the arkansas pharmacists association. I tried today, didn't get thru. I will try again on Monday. I don't know if there is anything that can be done, but my faith in a lot of folks is really going down. 

I can't help but wonder if there isn't a lot of that going on and thats why those of us who don't have connections aren't having any luck for our elderly loved ones. How can there be millions of doses missing? Did they just evaporate into thin air? 

Respected Contributor

@sharkb8 wrote:
A local, wealthy business owner who is under 65 with no chronic health issues managed to get his first dose of covid-19 vaccine by lying about his health on our state's questionnaire.
Makes me angry that he took the vaccine dose away from someone who needs it more than he does.

Please put this into perspective, how many people have actually gotten the vaccine so far in your state. There have been a couple of people in our state that have been called out but we have also given over 800,000 shots. If that's the only problem we have out of 800,000 people, we're probably doing pretty good and so are you.

Honored Contributor

Anyone in that big a rush to get vaccinated hasn’t done much/any research on them and will undoubtedly continue putting the rest of the world at risk by his/her behavior.

The behavior I keep hearing about is shocking. People think it is a miracle drug and it isn’t. Not at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sharkb8 wrote:

I really think as the deaths keep going up this cheating will be more widespread.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I will be so glad when this virus is under control

@Goodie2shoes   Not in my lifetime.  I had resigned myself early on that this is the new normal.  Nothing surprises me anymore.

"Each day above ground is a good day."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif