Honored Contributor

Re: Using Speaker Phone in Private Conversation

@ShowMe wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ......  What has happened to the time when folks were taking the time to just have a conversation with another person without having to do other things while on the phone????  It sort of is like what I'm doing is more important than taking a few minutes to just talk to an individual.  

I'm sorry, but this is how I feel about speaker phones.  All you would have to do is say something like "I'll call you back in a little bit, I'm busy at the moment and can't talk".  

@ShowMe

It's called multi-tasking .... and pretty much everyone does it.

Honored Contributor

Like most people my phone syncs w/my car when I get in.  So if I answer a call while driving, I tell the caller I'm on speaker if someone else is w/me.

RE people on a speakerphone, I guess it doesn't bother me. If it is easier for some to hear via speakerphone, that is good.

Honored Contributor

I put a lot of calls on speaker phone when I'm in my home but I do tell the call that I'm on speaker and I will say that hubby is in the other room.  That way the person knows not to say anything she doesn't want hubby to hear.  I don't use speaker in public but I have seen...or heard...people do it.

Honored Contributor

As long as there is no one else around, its ok with me.

Our buiness is in a shared building....only 1 wall that separates, when one of the people in the front office uses the speaker phone, we hear it....all, it's irritating...this person is a business professional, I thought she would know better.

Honored Contributor

My doctor's office actually had to put a sign up - not about limiting cell calls - but to say no Facetiming in the waiting room or anywhere else in that building.  People in the waiting room would carry on conversations on Facetime and whoever they were speaking to, could see others in the waiting room.  They had to put up a sign to not do that, which is crazy.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ......  What has happened to the time when folks were taking the time to just have a conversation with another person without having to do other things while on the phone????  It sort of is like what I'm doing is more important than taking a few minutes to just talk to an individual.  

I'm sorry, but this is how I feel about speaker phones.  All you would have to do is say something like "I'll call you back in a little bit, I'm busy at the moment and can't talk".  

@ShowMe

It's called multi-tasking .... and pretty much everyone does it.

@Tinkrbl44......maybe folks should take a moment and take a deep breath.....  I don't do multi-tasking and probably never will in what time I have left on this earth.  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner  No she is the one who calls me. 

Trusted Contributor

I do not use Speaker phones for private conversations.  Another thing I find annoying is people who talk to text constantly.  I have been around someone who is constantly doing that in public.  I don't need to hear what she is texting other people.  

I tend to wear ear buds and use those for my phone conversations all the time.  In the car is the only time I have a call on speaker.  My phone is blue toothed to my car radio.  I'm not having a conversation that anyone in the car can't hear - usually just my DH and I talking about who is getting which kid where.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I amazed at the number of people walking around talking on their phones (not even speakerphone) who don't care that everyone can hear their conversation.  Even just one side of the conversation is more than I want to hear.  I don't want to hear people's private calls in public!!  JUst shut up!!!  LOL