Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh  I am so sorry that you have been put in this position.  My father asked me to sign for him to go in hospice at the hospital and it is a hard road.  I will continue to lift you both up in prayer for healing.  God bless you both

Honored Contributor

Glad he will be nearby. You will get through this knowing you did what was right for him.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh  So sorry. Sending you comforting hugs and keeping you both in my prayers.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh - Sorry to hear about your husband - wishing you peace.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh We lost my family member this morning to this horrible disease.  Through my tears, I am so grateful he is free of it.  He will be so missed.  I post this only to let you know that you have a true partner in prayer and otherwise.  You are not alone.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Im so sorry. praying for you and your family.

Respected Contributor
I can only imagine what you are going through. Saying calming and loving prayers for you and your husband. ❤️
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@gidgetgh We lost my family member this morning to this horrible disease.  Through my tears, I am so grateful he is free of it.  He will be so missed.  I post this only to let you know that you have a true partner in prayer and otherwise.  You are not alone.  Heart

@Laura14 -I am so sorry to read your news this morning.  My deepest sympathies to your family. 

Yes, Parkinson's Disease and it's related dementia is a horrible, hideous illness and it is excrutiating to watch someone go through it. 

Take Care @Laura14. I am so sorry. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

gidgetgh,

My heart aches for you.  How well I understand what it is to feel the inevitable loss of  the life you had with your spouse.  It is an indescribably horrible feeling of doom and helplessness when you know your loved one will not recover.  Of course you hurt that he has had to be placed in hospice care.

During the period that I knew my husband was going to die, no matter what I or medicine hoped for, I felt as though a train was steaming toward us and could not be stopped.  Our life together would end.

If you pray, do a lot of that and speak with those you know who can help you be courageous at this demanding time.  You feel weak and tired and just want to drop, I know.  But you have to try your best to be strong.   

I will keep you and your dear husband in my prayers.

@golding76 - "a train was steaming toward us and could not be stopped.  Our life together would end". Yes, that is it exactly. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on my husband

[ Edited ]

I thought I'd check in.  I've been reading the responses and just haven't felt well enough to respond to each one but I want to thank everyone very much for posting to me.  It really means a lot to me. 

My husband continues to grow weaker.  It's all been so quick yet the past 3 weeks also feel excruciatingly long at the same time.  It is very hard to see him like this.  And he would hate for me to have to watch this.

I am able to see him.  The personal care home is not currently allowing visitors because of Covid, but made an exception for me because he is under hospice care. I've been going a few times a day and staying for quite awhile each time. I physically and emotionally can't handle staying there all day.  I am not well enough. And my husband at this point really isn't connecting with anyone. But I talk to him the whole time I'm there. But I have paid a staff member to stay with him through the entire weekend so that there will be someone in the room with him when he gets agitated and combative. 

I am having a very hard time sleeping. I piece together some hours every night, but I don't sleep at any one stretch for long.  I can't wind down enough to sleep.  My appetite is way off but I'm making sure to eat some protein every day and trying to keep hydrated. I'm just a nervous wreck and can't seem to calm myself down.  My sister has offered to come and stay with me, but I would prefer that she come after my husband passes away. For right now, I like coming home to the quiet. 

It's just so hard for me to accept that shortly, these 35 years we've been together will be over.  All in the blink of an eye.