Trusted Contributor

Not after today! I have an item that I want to return. I tried doing it online,but, when I saw that return shipping would be $25.80, I decided to give them a call to discuss it. Well, I know times are different now, but, a 45 minute wait is ridiculous! I finally gave up and just hung up. Their customer service used to be top notch. So, I go back online and follow through with completing the return only to find that now it won't let me complete it! So, guess I will have to call them back and stay on hold forever.  

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

Not after today! I have an item that I want to return. I tried doing it online,but, when I saw that return shipping would be $25.80, I decided to give them a call to discuss it. Well, I know times are different now, but, a 45 minute wait is ridiculous! I finally gave up and just hung up. Their customer service used to be top notch. So, I go back online and follow through with completing the return only to find that now it won't let me complete it! So, guess I will have to call them back and stay on hold forever.  

@Sapphiregal   I have had to wait forty-five minutes and beyond, three times, for Home Depot customer service, such is the world today.

Esteemed Contributor

A great reminder to shop carefully these days!

Between delayed shipping, poor CS and updated return policies you may find yourself 'regifting' to Goodwill more than you intended.

Honored Contributor

I'm only guessing that some, maybe many, of those employees are working from home.

Could be distractions at home, or maybe they are substitute CS employees, and have to call in to supervisors for approval, etc.

This isn't a good place in time for quick/fast anything.

Wishing you good luck.  Keep safe.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Customer service everywhere has deteriorated, even in B&M stores.  They can blame it on the coronavirus, and that may or may not be the case.  Until it improves, I'm not buying things online.

Honored Contributor

That's why I've been ordering by phone, where possible.

It seems as though each time I want to add something into my cart (at other stores/sites), M*cros*ft  EDG* allegedly  takes over my screen in a light grey film and stalls out everything.

Happens for a few days after their so-called  'updates'...............

I like the Q because I can order by phone, with no problems whatsoever.  And I keep notes re: who takes the order, the time, etc.  Perfect!!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

A long time ago my mother ordered an umbrella/coat rack from them, it was really nice. Anyway, it was out of stock and they kept promising we would get it soon, months went by. Finally my mother cancelled the order, they tried to make up by offering some kind of coupon, my mother never ordered from them again.

Esteemed Contributor

You mean that QVC isn't the only retailer to do this?

Shocker!

😲 😮 😱

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

I lost 45%+ of my team due to layoffs---due to Covid19---and they have still not been able to return. The money is not there to pay them. 

The remaining staff have to shift their duties daily to cover wherever the greatest need is. Inbound call volume, emailed requests, written requests, has not decreased during the pandemic. In some areas of my department it has actually increased.

Less staff + same/more work = something has to give. 

My team would love to bring back all their laid off coworkers. I know they long for the days when they could actually perform the job they were hired to do, instead of never knowing what they will be pulled into covering. 

Add in the stress of the virus itself on a personal level (protecting family, what do I do with childcare?, etc.), loss of certain benefits (ex. employer retirement match stopped in April, not sure if/when it will return), dealing with customers berating you daily over something they have no control over, and wow.....what a great job they have eh? Shame on them.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

Wayfair is having a very bad week. Customer service is the least of their problems right now.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.