Trusted Contributor

Update on missing UDS package

I found the "missing" package this morning by stepping on it when I took out the trash/recycling this morning. Luckily, it was well packaged in a well padded, bubble wrap lined envelope so nothing was broken. (cosmetic items) Because of the location, it looks like it was thrown over the fence, which is a 6 foot high privacy fence, then buried by the snow that fell in the Chicago area yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on missing UDS package

I'm happy that you found it!  Reminds me of a UPS experience that I had several years ago.  I live in a condo and we have a balcony, it was winter and we'd had a ton of snow.  I didn't get a package, I waited then I called the retailer to report that I never got it and they sent out a replacement.  Fast forward 2 months, the snow has melted and surprise...that package was sitting in the slush on my balcony.  It was wet and dirty but when I opened it the item was in perfect condition.  The UPS driver had tossed the package up on my balcony, I suppose assumming that I would see it through the glass door but it snowed a lot that winter so I didn't see it until spring.

Respected Contributor

All's well that ends well! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Wow! Did you take pictures? I would have taken pictures and then posted them to Twitter to publicly shame UDS and tagged Ulta to let them know what their delivery service was up to.

Respected Contributor

@sgraham30   I'm sorry you got snow so early, but I'm glad you found your package unharmed.

Yesterday the wind was blowing 50mph here in NE Ohio, but no snow (yet).  My condo association has had the landscapers tear out all the shrubbery in front of my condo, and have yet to replace anything.  So, on either side of my front steps, where my mail comes, is nothing but dirt.  After all the rain, it was all mud.  I got home at 7:30pm to find four packages in four different directions.  Three were in the mud.  One was so close to the sidewalk that I'm surprised no one took it for trick or treat! 

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

Wow! Did you take pictures? I would have taken pictures and then posted them to Twitter to publicly shame UDS and tagged Ulta to let them know what their delivery service was up to.

while I personally hate the "shame" expression I would have done the same thing .