Respected Contributor

Well there goes our electric

It seems every time I talk myself out of getting a generator, our power goes down...Its been very windy here (SWPA) this evening and I am sure a tree came down somewhere.  We have our cell phones and halos so temporarily we are OK.  Just no water.  

I shouldn't even be moaning compared to what is going on in California.

Honored Contributor

Re: Well there goes our electric

@Allegheny wrote:

It seems every time I talk myself out of getting a generator, our power goes down...Its been very windy here (SWPA) this evening and I am sure a tree came down somewhere.  We have our cell phones and halos so temporarily we are OK.  Just no water.  

I shouldn't even be moaning compared to what is going on in California.

@Allegheny  Where do you live? I hope power gets restored quickly for you.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden   Thank you.  We live in South Western Pennsylvania.  We are transitioning from some very mild temperatures so its been rainy and the windy.  There were some tornado warning earlier, but I believe those are going East of us.

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny   I hope you aren't without power for too long.   

This is a little off-topic but everytime I noticed your username I always wondered if you were from PA.      I grew up in Western PA  and everytime I see the name Allegheny I always think of the Allegheny Mts. and the Allegheny River.  

It's nice to meet a fellow Pennsylvanian even though I'm on the other side of the country now.

Respected Contributor

@J Town Girl 

Yes.  Actually I am from Pennsylvania.  I am not from Allegheny County, rather Westmoreland County.  Nice that you stopped by to say Hello.

Been here all my life though there have been times I wondered what it would be like to live elsewhere.  

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@Allegheny   I hope you aren't without power for too long.   

This is a little off-topic but everytime I noticed your username I always wondered if you were from PA.      I grew up in Western PA  and everytime I see the name Allegheny I always think of the Allegheny Mts. and the Allegheny River.  

It's nice to meet a fellow Pennsylvanian even though I'm on the other side of the country now.

@J Town Girl @Allegheny   My Mom went to Allegheny College.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny 

i always thought you were from maryland.

we do have an allegheny county.

i am in the baltimore area and we have some winds and  very heavy rain right now. tornado warnings through midnight. the weather has been strange today. lots of heavy rain, winds, warm temperatures......tomorrow it is expected to be  20 - 25 degrees cooler. i am sure it is the same for you.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

Hi

Allegheny College is about 2 hours north of me.  Meadville, PA area, very pretty part of Pennsylvania.

Trusted Contributor

Yeah, Allegheny ...... I am in Ohio right now (between Columbus and Dayton) and we are still having the high winds. Heavy rains stopped around noon. We are under "wind advisory" until midnight. Temperature has gone from 56 degrees to 28 (real feel 12). Suppose to be headed your way.

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg 

Hi there!  I have a love/hate relationship with wind, guess one developes that when they live in the middle of the woods. I keep thinking about the sky scraper trees behind the house keeping my fingers crossed one doesn't come down  I now realize that our windows need replacing soon.  Our temp has dropped down to around 38 sr far.  I don't know how long we will be without power.  There are sporatic outages.

Early tomorrow morning I am to go help set up for a wedding this Saturday.  I'll get there, just don't know when.  Thanks for the heads up re what to expect.