Respected Contributor

Re: Update: Forest Fire is Advancing!

@On It

Just now seeing your posts..

I’ll be praying for you and everyone’s safety!! 🙏

Esteemed Contributor

Praying for your safety.  Please keep us advised the best you can, as we will be thinking of you all the night.  Sending you love and lots of hugs.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It  Thinking of your safety and sending prayers ! 
                      🙏🏼 🥹

Trusted Contributor

I'm so terribly sorry that this is happening to your area.

I'm praying for you and your family, your neighbors, and your whole community, too.

I pray that all goes well. Heart

Trusted Contributor

@On It Oh No! I am so sorry to hear about these devastating fires! I'm praying that you and all affected will be safe and that they will be able to get these fires under control with no loss of life or property. 🙏❤️
Trusted Contributor

I realize On It & hubby have already had to leave their family home. 

Sending prayers for their safety. Heart

Super Contributor

🙏🙏🙏

Honored Contributor

I've been out all day and just heard about this fire flaring up.  Since @On It   last posted, the whole town has been ordered to evacuate so she's gone, probably on the way back to Texas.

Fortunately rain has been predicted later this week.  We'll hope and pray it helps put out this fire.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

What a terrifying situation. Hope everyone is able to stay safe. Heaven bless firefighters.

Esteemed Contributor

We have arrived safely in Texas. Our evacuation was uneventful. We had very little traffic, but the dark skies and billowing smoke were much worse than they were while actually being in the village.

Our son was frantic and stayed on the phone with my husband for the entire drive to Roswell. (I am the driver.) He is in Manhattan and was giving us up to minute reports. He told us the highway heading North out of the village had been closed. The fire had jumped the highway near the Alto Cafe.

We only have three ways to leave the village. Two of them were closed. The only exit was to head to Roswell. There was a chance if the second fire at the Mescalero Summit moved up the canyon to Hondo everyone in the village could be trapped with no escape route. The power company shut down power to parts of the village at the request of firefighters. Then the entire village was told to evacuate to Roswell.

I am posting some key announcements that occurred after we left. But first I want to thank all of you for your well wishes. It means everything to know we have your support.

1. IMG_1789.jpeg

IMG_1790.jpeg

IMG_1795.jpeg

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1792.jpeg

IMG_1793.jpeg

This photo is of the golf course area where I took the double rainbow photo last year. It is part of the athletic fields area the wildlife enjoys so much. I hope they have gone up the mountain away from the approaching fire.

IMG_1794.jpeg