Respected Contributor

Update: Forest Fire is Advancing!

Our village is under threat. The Upper Canyon area is now being evacuated. We received the warning on our phones for them to evacuate immediately. Residents were advised to leave at once. They were told to take nothing JUST LEAVE AT ONCE. Police are going door to door. 

The Humane Society will shelter pets. The Animal Clinic advised pet owners not to be concerned about medications. They will help with those.

The smoke is traveling in dark clouds over our house. It looks like twilight. Our vehicle is prepared to evacuate. My husband is outside watching. I have breathing issues so I am staying inside.

A second fire has ignited in the wilderness toward the Mescalero summit. There are structures in its path.

Respected Contributor

Re: Update: Forest Fire is Advancing!

The original post is under Among Friends. I am distracted and upset and started the update here.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It 

I'm so very sorry to hear this is happening to your community.  I'm at least glad to know you're prepared to evacuate if need be.  I pray it won't, but I'll keep your family and community in my prayers.  Please stay safe.❤️❤️❤️

Trusted Contributor

@On It  Is this the South Fork Fire?  I was just reading about it on th KOB news site..DW

Respected Contributor

@dancingwoman Yes. It is spreading and has caused two additional starts.

IMG_1517.jpeg

I had to edit this photo to get it posted. It lost a lot of detail.

Trusted Contributor

So sorry @On It .. Here in SW Colorado we unfortunately are very familiar with wildfires.  Please take care.   Hoping the firefighters can get things under control before it spreads any farther..DW

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear this. Please be safe and let us know how you're doing when you can. Prayers for you and all in the path of the fire.

Respected Contributor

@On It Sorry to hear this is happening again. Stay safe and I wish you the best of luck!

Respected Contributor

The State Police are closing Highway 70 at the Mescalero Summit because of our second fire. That is the route to El Paso.

We can't travel South to escape our fire.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry to hear this On It. We live in a high fire danger area too. It is starting early again this year. Prayers that the danger passes without any farther threat of destruction to your home. Please keep us posted when you can.