Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@Marp wrote:

CNN is reporting that the body was found intact.  It is believed that the alligator drowned the toddler.  So glad for the parents.

So glad for the parents???  I know you don't mean that.  Their precious baby is dead, there is nothing to be glad about, that pain is forever, body or not.

I'm not @Marp but I would rather the parents have closure and be able to bury their child, and begin the unimaginable task of grieving this, then never finding him ever.

As any parent who has lost a child will say, there is NO CLOSURE.  Not just directed at you, but that phrase needs to be never used in reference to a death.

@colliegirls

If I may ask, and you do not have to answer of course, but I'm wondering if you lost a child.  This seems so painful for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update: Body recovered

[ Edited ]

In a matter of only a few days, there was a stalker murder of a young singer, a mass murder and attempts to murder by a terrorist and homophobe, and a two year old grabbed by a gator.....all in the same state. And then there's the near mass murder of those at the LA Gay Pride Parade which was thwarted. That guy was loaded to the gills with semi automatic rifle, guns, explosives, and other mass attack paraphenalia. Thank the Lord someone reported his odd behavior to the police. I hope he is put away for a very long long time.

Honored Contributor

Was there teeth marks/scratches on the boy that indicated the boy was infact drowned by the gator?

sad to read.  At least they recovered the body.

I am sure changes will be made at Disneyworld.

Frequent Contributor

I'm so relieved that poor little boy's body was found intact.  That has to be some small measure of comfort to his parents.

I believe God took this little boy before he even realized what was happening to him.  I also believe that God, in all His mercy, intervened to prevent that alligator from doing what we all feared so the family wouldn't have to live with the horrible consequences.

I hope and pray this family will draw on their faith to get through this tragedy and find some peace and comfort.  God Bless them. 

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@Marp wrote:

CNN is reporting that the body was found intact.  It is believed that the alligator drowned the toddler.  So glad for the parents.

So glad for the parents???  I know you don't mean that.  Their precious baby is dead, there is nothing to be glad about, that pain is forever, body or not.

I'm not @Marp but I would rather the parents have closure and be able to bury their child, and begin the unimaginable task of grieving this, then never finding him ever.

As any parent who has lost a child will say, there is NO CLOSURE.  Not just directed at you, but that phrase needs to be never used in reference to a death.

I only meant 'closure' with respect to finding his body.   I apologize for not making that clear.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@colliegirls

If I may ask, and you do not have to answer of course, but I'm wondering if you lost a child.  This seems so painful for you.

Thank you for asking Noel, yes we have and I remember every wonderfully kind comment and every ridiculous or insensitive comment that brought more pain.  How and what is said to bereaved parents is very important. Losing a child is a very different and unique grief.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Was there teeth marks/scratches on the boy that indicated the boy was infact drowned by the gator?

sad to read.  At least they recovered the body.

I am sure changes will be made at Disneyworld.

I hope we (and the family, though that's probably not possible) never learn every gory detail. To what purpose?

Glad to know they recovered the body most likely relatively intact, and yes, I'm sure big changes at Disney World. Sometimes *everyone* learns the hard way 😔

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Re: Update: Body recovered

[ Edited ]

i think what @Mj12 meant was closure in the fact that the parents finally knew what the outcome of their little boy was.  their grieving process has  just begun and will last a very, very long time.  i know that from experience.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@colliegirls

Thank you for asking Noel, yes we have and I remember every wonderfully kind comment and every ridiculous or insensitive comment that brought more pain.  How and what is said to bereaved parents is very important. Losing a child is a very different and unique grief.

@colliegirls

I thought I remembered your mentioning that before, I hear how painful this is for you.  I agree, a loving parent never gets over it. 

I am so sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee