Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Andreatoo, there was a partial body found in the mouth of an alligator just a week or so ago.  Remains were found inside the alligator's stomach.

@Marp

I don't know if it's the same incident but just last week a floater was discovered, in a gator's jaws, but the gator released him.

He was not killed by the gator.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo, I don't know if we are thinking of the same incident or not.  This is the one I was referencing:

LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say they've identified the man being eaten by a 9-foot alligator near a Florida lake.

Lakeland police spokesman Gary Gross told local media Friday that 72-year-old Richard Zachary Taylor was identified through fingerprints.

Police recovered Taylor's body Tuesday afternoon after a report of an alligator with a body in its mouth near Lake Hunter. A trapper responded a short time later and eventually caught the gator.

Gross says detectives still don't know if Taylor drowned or was killed by the reptile. They're waiting for additional test results from the Medical Examiner's Office.

Taylor's body was decomposed, indicating he had been in the water a couple of days or longer. Remains found inside the alligator during a necropsy were a match to Taylor.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp

Apparently we live in Utopia, aye?

Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

I also was afraid the gator ate the little boy and that only his clothes might be found in the gator's stomach.  If there is any relief to the story at all, it would be that his body was still in tact.  Praying for the family.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

CNN is reporting that the body was found intact.  It is believed that the alligator drowned the toddler.  So glad for the parents.

So glad for the parents???  I know you don't mean that.  Their precious baby is dead, there is nothing to be glad about, that pain is forever, body or not.

Esteemed Contributor

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@Marp wrote:

CNN is reporting that the body was found intact.  It is believed that the alligator drowned the toddler.  So glad for the parents.

So glad for the parents???  I know you don't mean that.  Their precious baby is dead, there is nothing to be glad about, that pain is forever, body or not.

I'm not @Marp but I would rather the parents have closure and be able to bury their child, and begin the unimaginable task of grieving this, then never finding him ever.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I'm not @Marp but I would rather the parents have closure and be able to bury their child, and begin the unimaginable task of grieving this, then never finding him ever.

As any parent who has lost a child will say, there is NO CLOSURE.  Not just directed at you, but that phrase needs to be never used in reference to a death.

Honored Contributor

Re: Update: Body recovered

[ Edited ]

@colliegirls wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Please don't twist her words around, you know what she meant, that the child's body was intact, not that the gator drowned the child! Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Please don't twist her words around, you know what she meant, that the child's body was intact, not that the gator drowned the child! Woman Sad

Words are very important when giving condolences. Heaven forbid anyone tell a grieving parent that they are happy for them or that they have closure, EVER!!