Honored Contributor

Re: 🎉Unexpected Windfall 😀📱

@Moonchilde wrote:

I received notification from Fidelity that I was getting a check. I wondered why, because all of my $$ is, I thought, in an IRA. So I called them. Turns out it was my employer contribution from the last year I worked, and a "freebie" extra unconnected to the funds in the IRA. So, I am free to spend it!

And it couldn't come at a better time, as I'm waiting to buy a new phone until two more phones debut, hopefully both in Oct, and I can choose between all my top picks. Now, I'll be able to pay for it outright, or nearly pay for it, depending - and guilt-free!  Whee!

@Moonchilde

Good for you!   Those times when money falls out of the sky always make me think maybe you should buy a lottery ticket, as well, lol.    

This happened to me a while back ......  I received a check in the mail from, of all places, Publisher's Clearing House!!  Yes ...  I'm a PCH winner!    I must add that the check was for only $10 .... and I still have no idea why they sent it!   Oh well ... "don't look a gift horse in the mouth", as they say.  lol

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's off topic.

Respected Contributor

The sweetness of a surprise whose timing allows a plan to come together!!! Enjoy
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I received notification from Fidelity that I was getting a check. I wondered why, because all of my $$ is, I thought, in an IRA. So I called them. Turns out it was my employer contribution from the last year I worked, and a "freebie" extra unconnected to the funds in the IRA. So, I am free to spend it!

And it couldn't come at a better time, as I'm waiting to buy a new phone until two more phones debut, hopefully both in Oct, and I can choose between all my top picks. Now, I'll be able to pay for it outright, or nearly pay for it, depending - and guilt-free!  Whee!

@Moonchilde

Good for you!   Those times when money falls out of the sky always make me think maybe you should buy a lottery ticket, as well, lol.    

This happened to me a while back ......  I received a check in the mail from, of all places, Publisher's Clearing House!!  Yes ...  I'm a PCH winner!    I must add that the check was for only $10 .... and I still have no idea why they sent it!   Oh well ... "don't look a gift horse in the mouth", as they say.  lol

@Tinkrbl44, my niece has a stack of Publisher's Clearing House envelopes she says she's too superstitious to trash. She says one day soon she'll sit down & do them all 😜

Life without Mexican food is no life at all