Honored Contributor

🎉Unexpected Windfall 😀📱

I received notification from Fidelity that I was getting a check. I wondered why, because all of my $$ is, I thought, in an IRA. So I called them. Turns out it was my employer contribution from the last year I worked, and a "freebie" extra unconnected to the funds in the IRA. So, I am free to spend it!

And it couldn't come at a better time, as I'm waiting to buy a new phone until two more phones debut, hopefully both in Oct, and I can choose between all my top picks. Now, I'll be able to pay for it outright, or nearly pay for it, depending - and guilt-free!  Whee!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: 🎉Unexpected Windfall 😀📱

@Moonchilde  Good for you.  This kind of good news makes me happy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Right out of the blue!  Whee, is right, Moonchilde!

Respected Contributor

The little icon next to the word unexpected reminds me of a slice of pizza so I think I'll go get something to eat now!  Woman Very Happy

Happy to hear about your windfall! 

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

Good for you.  I do not want to rain on your parade or make you jealous but last week I received  email notification a relative of mine, who was a Prince in Sudan, left me A LOT of money.

Esteemed Contributor

Moonchilde, what great news.  Have fun spending it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone :-)

@lulu2, lol!

My choices are going to be between iPhone 8+, Galaxy S8+, Pixel XL2 or LG V30. Of course, the one I'm the most interested in (the LG) doesn't have a release date other than "soon." The others are either out or will be in 2 weeks. Now I hope I can make myself wait until they're ALL out.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Moonchilde

Good for you.  I do not want to rain on your parade or make you jealous but last week I received  email notification a relative of mine, who was a Prince in Sudan, left me A LOT of money.

@lulu2  an EMAIL...???.....🙃

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde....What fun!  I love surprises!

@lulu2....too funny!

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Moonchilde

@lulu2

LOL. 😄😅🤣