Esteemed Contributor

This is something neat that you place on your porch where UPS.. USPS... FEDEX...put your packages. If someone tries to take the package...a very loud alarm goes off.....You also get notification on your phone that your package has been delivered....

Sounds like a good deterrant........wouldn't work in ALL situations, but might be worth it for some......  Just Google it

package guard.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

This is something neat that you place on your porch where UPS.. USPS... FEDEX...put your packages. If someone tries to take the package...a very loud alarm goes off.....You also get notification on your phone that your package has been delivered....

Sounds like a good deterrant........wouldn't work in ALL situations, but might be worth it for some......  Just Google it

package guard.jpg

Yea, if that actually place them on there. 

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

package guard.jpg

That's what I thought!

Around here, the new thing with UPS is, as they are rolling to a stop they will honk the horn, run out of the truck, throw the package at the front door and get back in to take off.

Next it will be sling shots so they don't even have to get out of the truck.

Honored Contributor

I guess if someone stole your package, they'd also steal your package guard.  But al least you'll know it was delivered.

Trusted Contributor

We have the ring doorbell. Serves same purpose only better because it doesn't matter where out front package is placed, thrown or drop kicked. 

Respected Contributor

Before I moved to the northern burbs of Chicago,  20 years ago,  I lived in a townhouse in NJ.  I had a very beautiful deck in the front of my house where many packages were left if I were not home.  One day, upon opening the verticals in my 2nd floor bedroom,  that covered sliding glass doors to a balcony,  I noticed a large box on the balcony.

Instead of leaving a package at my front door,  a UPS driver went around back, and THREW it up to the second floor balcony outside of my bedroom.   OMG....  what the heck. 

This is a good concept,  but I know that the drivers that I have now, all very nice,  would NEVER use it.  NEVER.  My current home has a little alcove to the side of he door where packages can remain hidden.  My Fedex driver puts them there...    not the UPS driver.  He puts it front and center in the middle of my top step !!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

My favorite thing is when they leave a big heavy box (dog food)  square and 1" from your door so you can't open the storm door to get it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Our UPS Drivers are wonderful.  They handle my packages with care and place them on my front stoop.  I don't have a porch.  If it is raining, they place the package in a plastic bag and if the package is real big or heavy, they usually bring it around to my garage door.

They always ring the door bell when they deliver.

Two weekends ago, UPS delivered a Teeter Hang Up on Friday and left it on my front stoop.  We were away and didn't come back until Monday.  The package was huge and could be seen from the street and even from down the street.

It was still there, untouched when we got home.  We were lucky.  My neighbor said he kept an eye on it for us, but it was too heavy for him to take to his house for safekeeping.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Package Guard....

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

package guard.jpg

That's what I thought!

Around here, the new thing with UPS is, as they are rolling to a stop they will honk the horn, run out of the truck, throw the package at the front door and get back in to take off.

Next it will be sling shots so they don't even have to get out of the truck.

Here UPS gets out of the truck, delivers the package(s) raps on the patio door, scaring the carp out of me if I'm at my computer, then they take off. If it's a small package, they toss it over my 6 foot high privacy fence.

One of Amazon's drivers did the same thing once. They didn't even get out of their car, they just threw the package so hard that it hit the patio door, rattling the door in it's frame, then they took off. Thankfully, it wasn't a breakable item.

I contacted Amazon immediately,got a $5 credit to use towards a future order. Packages since then have been left outside my front door, with them being noted as "placed in mailbox" (uh, no, my mailbox is too small to hold anything but the smallest packages) or it's been left in my "mailroom" ( I don't have a mailroom)