Honored Contributor

Is it me or my email? Online Shopping vent

I just need to know that I am not alone. 

I have a little niece who I was kind of having an issue finding a present for.  Don't know what made me think of Build a Bear but she loves stuffed animals so I took a peek.  Hit a clearance sale and got her two dolls plus outfits for about $42.  Perfect.

Then the fun begins. 

No confirmation email, ever, since Sunday.  The next day, I got my credit from Ebates and my credit card has a pending charge. Okay, I wait.

On the site, I was supposed to get 2 day Fedex shipping since I hit the $40 threshhold.  That would be today.    Nothing.  No shipping email.  No drive by.  No obescene gesture my way.

I try to track my order which I can't do because I have no confirmation number.  Thank goodness for Ebates which does have it for me to pull up.  

I go back and track.  It tells me my order is "stuffed."  What does that mean?  I wish these companies would stop with the corporate speak and use plain English.  I assume that means packaged but not shipped.  

ARGH!!!!!  Anyone else?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Is it me or my email? Online Shopping vent

@Laura14 wrote:

I just need to know that I am not alone. 

I have a little niece who I was kind of having an issue finding a present for.  Don't know what made me think of Build a Bear but she loves stuffed animals so I took a peek.  Hit a clearance sale and got her two dolls plus outfits for about $42.  Perfect.

Then the fun begins. 

No confirmation email, ever, since Sunday.  The next day, I got my credit from Ebates and my credit card has a pending charge. Okay, I wait.

On the site, I was supposed to get 2 day Fedex shipping since I hit the $40 threshhold.  That would be today.    Nothing.  No shipping email.  No drive by.  No obescene gesture my way.

I try to track my order which I can't do because I have no confirmation number.  Thank goodness for Ebates which does have it for me to pull up.  

I go back and track.  It tells me my order is "stuffed."  What does that mean?  I wish these companies would stop with the corporate speak and use plain English.  I assume that means packaged but not shipped.  

ARGH!!!!!  Anyone else?  

Maybe the bear has been stuffed and it’s ready to go .

Honored Contributor

One can only hope.  

Super Contributor

@Laura14

You can also check the status of an order placed online by calling (toll free) 1-877-789-BEAR (2327).

Honored Contributor

I guess I miss the good old days when companies actually acknowledged your business and also said thank you.

I have the worst luck with toy stores.  It's a good thing I never had kids.  I would be in jail or the mental ward by now just trying to buy playthings to make them smile. 

I just want the toy company to make me smile first. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would have placed a call to them.  Probably would have an answer to your question by the time it took to write up your post.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, I can't speak to Build-a-Bear, but one of my pet peeves is businesses that operate online that leave you hanging as far as notifications or acknowledgments. It doesn't happen to me a lot, but when it does happen I think twice, or three times, before buying from them again.

With all the business/website software out there today, AFAIC there's no excuse for not sending automatic emails on each purchase for:

1) Acknowledgment of order with order #

2) When it ships

3) A tracking #

I also really dislike companies where you order & get confirmation, and it takes up to 7 days before they ship it out, so for 7 days you're "WT*?" and then when they do mail it, it takes another 10-12 days to arrive when you've paid top dollar for the s&h. It's happening more and more. I can see that if it's free shipping, but when you pay $15-20 for shipping on a lightweight item, you don't expect it to come by wagon train.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde Thanks for understanding. They must read this board. I literally just got my first communication that they shipped my order. Like you pointed out, no excuse in 2017 to not be able to acknowledge an order at the very least. It's internet shopping 101.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@makena wrote:

I would have placed a call to them.  Probably would have an answer to your question by the time it took to write up your post.

And taking a moment to be kind or not respond at all would have been a better use of time too.