Honored Contributor

A couple of years ago, a bat got INSIDE our house!  What a rigmarole getting it out, but we finally did. 

Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuseNope.  And nope to anyone else that likes them.  LOL!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624Trust me.  I would not mess with that thing.  Nope.

Valued Contributor
@Sushismom, I think I recognize your photo from Baby Bats and Buddies of Australia. I just love the flying foxes. She is a super lady to rehab, and raise the orphans for release.
That being said, I would freak out to find a local bat in my home.
Respected Contributor

I learned the hard way:  Where there's one, there must be a colony!  Hopefully not in your walls.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchYep, been through that, too.  Never want to go through that experience again thank you very much!  Nope.  

In fact, back in1980 I signed up to be a U.S. Census taker.  Knocked on someone's door and 8 gazzillion bats flew out from behind the shutters.  I left a trail of smoke behind me while running away.  Quit that job immediately! 

Trusted Contributor

@RoughDraft  That's exactly what I told my son!  And I told him he should caulk underneath that last slat of siding that meets the foundation so that they don't work their way through the walls!

Honored Contributor

Lol.

Look at these rascals.

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Trusted Contributor

Although rare, bats can carry rabies.  Best to let a professional remove them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee   What a bunch of adorable little critters!

I thought bats were nocturnal.  Looks like daytime in the picture of the bat on the house.  That might not be a good sign.  Then again, I don't really know anything about bats.