Esteemed Contributor

I believe the arrangement to transfer delivery to the USPS is between them and UPS/FEDEX.  The sending company has no control over the final delivery company.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

YES.....my package has been delivered.  Thank goodness.  But, he didn't knock on my door.  My neighbor across the hall picked it up for me.  She called me to let me know she has it.  She was watching something on TV and said she would bring it over when she was through with that show.  She has a key to my unit, and will be using it when she comes over.  Such a sweetie.  She is getting many of the clothes that I can't wear any more.....way too big for me now.  The only thing I'm not giving her are the undies.  They have been pitched.  But, she is really enjoying the jammies.  She would love to wear them all day.....but her daughter insists that she get dressed every day, so she will put on something I have given her.

Honored Contributor

I hate the switch over.  Especially when they go practically to your front door with ups in 3 days, then take another 7 days to get from post office to my house.  Which is about 2 miles.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

My local (rural) post office told me that they have "a minimum of 24 hours" before they have to deliver a package that has been transferred to them, under the rules of their agreement.  So I know that, once they have a package, I won't get it until at least the next day.

We used to have an excellent carrier.  Alas, he retired and now, if the package doesn't fit in the new carrier's personal vehicle, you have to pick it up yourself or they hold it for 15 days, then return it to the sender.  No other choice!  Very poor service, IMO.  They are paid to deliver the package to the customer!  (So much for "the mail always gets through".)

@Venezia.  I always go online and request a redelivery.  If I'm in a good mood, I sign the slip and leave it in the mailbox.  Otherwise, I make him walk to the door to get it.

I also get the big sticky notes from FedEx like Sooner does.  As far as I'm concerned, FedEx handling a parcel is its kiss of death.  Theyre bound to lose it, misdeliver it or screw it up some way.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624- There's no point in asking for redelivery here.  We only have one carrier.  If the package doesn't fit in his vehicle, it's not going to fit in it for redelivery.  I did ask what would happen, if the customer couldn't collect it.  That's when I was told they would hold it for 15 days, then return it to the sender.  GREAT customer service.  NOT.  And trying to complain to the head of the post office was a no-go.  Couldn't get through on the phone and no one responded to an emailed complaint, other than to ask me to complete a survey on how "satisfied" I was with their response!!!  Filled that in and still got nothing.  They are useless.

And yet, I've never had a problem with FedEx.  They just delivered a package to me on Tuesday, that I'd only ordered Sunday night.  Go figure.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - Thought you'd find this amusing re the post office. Just got a VIP Early Access offer to a Philosophy sale TODAY.  Only problem? The entire sale expired YESTERDAY.  

Great timely delivery, USPS.  NOT.  😒

Honored Contributor

I love my mailman, he is a treasure.  He is in his mid 40's and has been around my route for 15 years. We goft him at Christmas, and respect him.  The whole block loves him.  He knows his job!!   But, oh Lordie!!!  When he is on vacation, has  a day off, or sick time, WE know.  Sometimes the whole block doesnt even get mail.

that said, as I stated before the ups/usps trade off is awful.. What purpose it serves, idk. It takes forever to get here.  I truly hate it.  If it works for others, fine...but honestly it is a hinderance to me.  I even called qvc asking if i could use a preferance, as perricone and neiman offer this.  Qvc said no, not unless I chose express, then I could et ups.

Honored Contributor

I usually have no problems with any type of delivery. At most a package might a day or two late. Occasionally, there are major problems, but heck, we're talking huge delivery systems.

Unless it's something imperative, I don't get frazzled over it. It's better for my health. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland