Regular Contributor

When anyone parks in front of my mailbox, I go out & ask them to move.

Frequent Contributor

I understand now, thanks to you readers, the usps policy involved. Yesterday, no blockage, she delivered my mail, no meds. I always get them within a couple days of ordering. It's now been a week.

Honored Contributor

She sounds like a real gem. Like any other organization there are those that go the extra mile and those that can't be bothered. Unfortunately, it sounds like you've been saddled with the latter. I too would suggest a call to the Postmaster. You might get the party line in support of the carrier and you might get some action. I've usually tried to be supportive of the postal service, but in recent years, I too have had several occasions to not be not such a happy camper where they're concerned. On the other hand, when going to the PO, I've also happened across some solid postal workers. They're paid well and have good benefits and there's simply no reason for them not to occasionally go the extra mile. That carrier had to know what she was supposed to be delivering... At the end of the day, whether the landscaping trucks are there at your behest or not, you might ask that they be moved from in front of your mailbox.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

We had the most wonderful carrier for years until they changed his route.. he forewarned us of the one replacing him & boy oh boy did he ever hit the nail on the head. I'm sure she's a nice lady but the mail gets mixed up, when you put it on hold it doesn't, when it does and you put a resume date, that doesn't work either. She has had tons of complaints but it continues.. Once they leave the facility they are basically on their own and she is slow as a turtle. Thanks goodness the mail doesn't run Monday, LOL .. that means come Tuesday it will be delivered past 4pm..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

As with most of my life, the service I get seems to depend upon the individual person delivering the service far more than it does the policy of the company. For my mail, I get a far different level of attention one place where I live 6 months of the year than where I live the other 6 months. I would bet the company policy is the same in both states!

Honored Contributor
On 1/17/2014 4OU2 said:

I understand now, thanks to you readers, the usps policy involved. Yesterday, no blockage, she delivered my mail, no meds. I always get them within a couple days of ordering. It's now been a week.

4OU2, I do hope you track these shipments online. It's something I've learned to do with just about everything, but particularly those special orders like medications.

Regarding letter carriers, we've been fortunate to have the same one for over 10 years and she's a real gem. I frequently call the manager of her local office to let him know how much I appreciate the work she does.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova