Frequent Contributor

Yesterday and today there are landscaper' s trucks parked in front of my mailbox. My delivery "lady" won't deliver my mail, which includes some meds. I tried to catch her both days but she speeds off and I cannot run. Anybody know if their policy is to just skip us if the delivery truck can't pull right up to the box? I'm a little ticked.

Honored Contributor

Mine would park in front of trucks, get out to put the mail in the box.. If I were you I'd be calling your local Postmaster.. bet they could make a special run out for ya, they've been known to do that.. good luck!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor
Why don't you tell the landscapers not to park in front of the mail box??? It is a PO rule that access to the box cannot be blocked.
Super Contributor

mine would bring my mail to the door.

Honored Contributor
That's how it is here!!! Even if a car/truck is partially near the mailbox Our person doesn't stop and don't even try to catch her because she then acts ""blind""!!! They say they can't get out of truck only to deliver oversize/signature pkgs!!!
Honored Contributor

I think it is their policy. USPS has no interest in being kind and doing the right thing? Did your postal person have pj's on. ours always does. How does Customer Service work? It doesn't.

She could have asked the landscapers to move their trucks.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

While my carrier would still deliver, USPS rules state a carrier does not have to deliver:

1.4 Clear Approach

Customers must keep the approach to their mailboxes clear of obstructions to allow safe access for delivery. If USPS employees are impeded in reaching a mail receptacle, the postmaster may withdraw delivery service.

Super Contributor
On 1/15/2014 shesallthat said:

mine would bring my mail to the door.

Exactly.
Super Contributor
I would ask(tell) them NOT to park there.
Honored Contributor

I think the landscapers are being inconsiderate...you need to tell them to move a truck...they are working for you.