Honored Contributor

Re: USPS issues at my local post office 2020

I can't remember if I posted this or not but last week I had to go into the post office and the line was out the door into the lobby. When I finally made my way in, I discovered the reason was there was one person working the counter.  It was crazy.

We are having a terrible time with mail delivery.  My mail was always delivered by 1:00.  Now sometimes it's 6:00 before we have it.  I don't mind that, just stating that fact.  There are weeks when I get money maybe twice and those 2 days the mailbox is stuffed.  Other days we get nothing.

The same thing is happening at work.  We had a client drop something in the mail to us on the 17th and we just got it yesterday.  It's a mess out there.

I cannot even imagine going into the USPS to try and get a passport. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I can't remember if I posted this or not but last week I had to go into the post office and the line was out the door into the lobby. When I finally made my way in, I discovered the reason was there was one person working the counter.  It was crazy.

We are having a terrible time with mail delivery.  My mail was always delivered by 1:00.  Now sometimes it's 6:00 before we have it.  I don't mind that, just stating that fact.  There are weeks when I get money maybe twice and those 2 days the mailbox is stuffed.  Other days we get nothing.

The same thing is happening at work.  We had a client drop something in the mail to us on the 17th and we just got it yesterday.  It's a mess out there.

Why on earth would you be interested in lgetting a passport? No other country is allowing US citizens in!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

There for a month or two, USPS was doing well, then recently, I am getting, "Your delivery will be delayed."  

All three from different retailers were sent from fulfillment centers in my state, but are now sitting for days in a neighbor state.

I don't need these items, but it is getting annoying since we are paying for the shipping.  We have no idea if they are lost.  Retailers may not be able to replace them if they are sold out.  

Patience to straighten out only lasts so long.  

@Foxxee 

I think we would have better service if UPS stopped using Mail Innovations which is basically USPS. And from my own experience and comments from others on the Forum the delays seem to be tied up at these Central Mail Innovation Centers. I bet we would get our packages much faster, and that would free USPS up to do their regular duties like deliver mail....

If UPS stopped using Mail Innovations your deliver fees will sky rocket.  Why do you think they hand off to USPS?  Or if you live in some rural areas you may not get deliveries at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Why on earth would you be interested in lgetting a passport? No other country is allowing US citizens in!

@reiki604 

Because the Real I.D. Act will go in to effect in October of next year, and you will need a passport or Real I.D. drivers license to fly, even only in the United States, or to go in to any government building, so some people are getting them now.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Interestingly, I have a USPS package out for delivery today, two days earlier than originally stated.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I just don't understand the PO, every time I go to mine and we are in a fairly large city, the parking lot is full and the line is outside the door, it is so long. And most people are mailing packages. So why are they hurting so bad for money. Seems like they have more customers than ever these days!! 

Honored Contributor

The postmaster has implemented a lot of changes that are slowing down mail.....getting rid of sorting machines, no overtime, etc.  Email your democratic senators and representatives in congress since they're looking into this.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@reiki604 

Because the Real I.D. Act will go in to effect in October of next year, and you will need a passport or Real I.D. drivers license to fly, even only in the United States, or to go in to any government building, so some people are getting them now.

@Anonymous032819 @reiki604 

Or the passport has expired or about to expire. 

Whether travelling or not, it is good to have a passport.  Not everyone drives or has a Real ID card.  It doesn't have to be a drivers license-it can be a regular ID card.

I believe you can manage your passport online now unless it is an emergency passport.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Reiki604 wrote:
LipstickDiva wrote:

'While most US travelers are staying close to home with short-distance car trips, some still want to go abroad. The list has been slowly growing.'

A list of countries, where it's still possible for US passport holders to go for a vacation.

Open to US citizens

• Albania
  • Belarus
  • Brazil
  • Mexico
  • North Macedonia
  • Serbia
  • Turkey
  • Zambia

Open with restrictions to US citizens

• Antigua and Barbuda * Negative Covid-19 test result within 7 days
  • Armenia  *Negative Covid-19 test at airport or 14-day mandatory quarantine
  • Aruba  * Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Bangladesh * Negative Covid-19 test result and 14-day home quarantine
  • Barbados * Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Bermuda * Negative Covid-19 test result within 5 days + $75
  • Bosnia
  • Cambodia * Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours + $2,000 Covid-19 deposit
  • Costa Rica  * Negative Covid-19 test result within 48 hours, travel insurance and health form
  • Croatia  * Negative Covid-19 test result within 48 hours
  • Dominica * Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Dominican RepublicNegative Covid-19 test result within five days
  • Dubai  * Negative Covid-19 PCR test result within 96 hours of arrival, travel insurance and health form
  • Ecuador * Mandatory 14 day quarantine and negative Covid-19 test result within 7 days
  • Egypt * Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Ethiopia * Negative Covid-19 test result iwith 72 hours, 14-day quarantine
  • French Polynesia * Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Ghana * Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Grenada * Negative Covid-19 rapid result test result on arrival
  • Haiti  *Mandatory 14 day quarantine
  • Honduras  *Negative Covid-19 rapid result test result on arrival
  • Ireland  * Self-isolate for 14 days
  • Jamaica * Negative Covid-19 test result less than 10 days old
  • Kenya  * Negative Covid-19 test result within 96 hours
  •  
  • Maldives  *Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Malta * Must transit through a safe corridor country after staying 14 days in that country
  • Montenegro *Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Morocco * Negative Covid-19 test result within 48 hours and a serological test (can be outside 48 hours)
  • Namibia * Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours, mandatory 7-day quarantine
  • Nicaragua
  • Rwanda  *Negative Covid-19 test result within 120 hours of departure
  • Kosovo
  • South Korea  * Mandatory 14 day quarantine
  • St. Barts  * Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • St. Lucia  * Negative Covid-19 test result within 7 days
  • St. Maarten  * Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • St. Vincent and Grenadines  * Negative Covid-19 test on arrival, additonal test on arrival
  • Tanzania  * Covid-19 tests on arrival
  • Turks and Caicos * Negative Covid-19 test result within 5 days
  • United Kingdom * Self-isolate for 14 day
Honored Contributor

My Michigan senator sent out a letter asking for reports.  He got thousands.