Honored Contributor

Re: USPS issues at my local post office 2020

@bonnielu wrote:

I have been upset with our mail distribution for a long time.  My major issue other than missing items is I cannot call anyone to get an answer.  I have to send NOTES to the main post office via my mail carrier.  The distribution center should be here in Frederick not Baltimore. It was here but they moved it or combined it or whatever.  

I pay online and find that much safer than trying to use the  post office for anything important.  AND I WILL VOTE IN PERSON.Otherwise my vote will be counted in 2024 or not.  LOL

You know, @bonnielu, sometimes I can be a very patient person. I really don't care how long it takes to tally them up. My concerns lie elsewhere.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

There for a month or two, USPS was doing well, then recently, I am getting, "Your delivery will be delayed."  

All three from different retailers were sent from fulfillment centers in my state, but are now sitting for days in a neighbor state.

I don't need these items, but it is getting annoying since we are paying for the shipping.  We have no idea if they are lost.  Retailers may not be able to replace them if they are sold out.  

Patience to straighten out only lasts so long.  

@Foxxee 

I think we would have better service if UPS stopped using Mail Innovations which is basically USPS. And from my own experience and comments from others on the Forum the delays seem to be tied up at these Central Mail Innovation Centers. I bet we would get our packages much faster, and that would free USPS up to do their regular duties like deliver mail....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

My mail delivery has been great up to about 3 months ago.  I get some kind of delivery every day but not all my mail.  I always vote by mail (since 1991) but I am nervous about it for the first time.  I found there is a ballot box outside our city hall where I can deposit my ballot so I may do that.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

we are already paying more for services that we were receiving a year or two ago. there will be a "temporary" rate increase in october. we will see whether or not it will help.

why am i not receiving the same level of service now that i was receiving a year or two years ago? i am paying more.....

if you are getting good or excellent service, consider yourself lucky. mine is fair to poor at best.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

just found out that my local USPS office (which is fairly large) is having MORE major issues. they are supposedly short staffed. i have been having a lot of USPS issues the past few months......no mail delivered, only junk mail delivered, only "real mail" delivered a few times a week, different postman every day, no set time for delivery, packages missing, mail missing, lines out the door. this is all very concerning.

i had a package that was last tracked to my post office a couple of weeks ago. luckily, qvc was fast in sending me out a new item and refunding me on another.

on top of it all, i found out saturday that there was only ONE worker and they were only there to show each person how to use the self service kiosks. no one else was working.

today i found out from the sign on the door that they were closed for lunch from 1:30 to 3pm?

@sunshine45 

Your experiences sound much like mine which I outlined in another mail topic thread......and I even filed a complaint....Its funny how the service improved after that.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

There for a month or two, USPS was doing well, then recently, I am getting, "Your delivery will be delayed."  

All three from different retailers were sent from fulfillment centers in my state, but are now sitting for days in a neighbor state.

I don't need these items, but it is getting annoying since we are paying for the shipping.  We have no idea if they are lost.  Retailers may not be able to replace them if they are sold out.  

@Foxxee 

I think we would have better service if UPS stopped using Mail Innovations which is basically USPS. And from my own experience and comments from others on the Forum the delays seem to be tied up at these Central Mail Innovation Centers. I bet we would get our packages much faster, and that would free USPS up to do their regular duties like deliver mail....

@Spurt   Agree 100%.  The few packages I had delivered were hung up for days at the "hand-off" station.

As far as regular mail, though, no problems with incoming and outgoing.  However, we do use only one in particular, and walk-in. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Complain to your representatives. They are the only ones who can affect this.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Gee, maybe shutting down a bunch of sorting machines wasn’t a good idea. 🤔😤 it’s my understanding that even though there was supposedly a stop put on some of the changes many of those machines were actually dismantled and not therefore not readily re-started.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee 

@Spurt   Agree 100%.  The few packages I had delivered were hung up for days at the "hand-off" station.

As far as regular mail, though, no problems with incoming and outgoing.  However, we do use only one in particular, and walk-in. 

@Cakers3 

Glad your lucky to have no problem with regular mail.

I got 6 pieces of my mail delivered to my neighbor and not my next door neighbor either, we have community mailboxes and her house number is on the oppposite end of the box area. ....And I dont think our issues are due to a lack of staff...since our mail delivery used to be between 5:30 and 6 PM and now its a 2:30 PM.....WHAT?!?!?!?  Which explains why he was done so early---it appears he just threw a bunch of mail into one person's mailbox....📭 ✉️ 📦

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee 

@Cakers3 

Glad your lucky to have no problem with regular mail.

I got 6 pieces of my mail delivered to my neighbor and not my next door neighbor either, we have community mailboxes and her house number is on the oppposite end of the box area. ....And I dont think our issues are due to a lack of staff...since our mail delivery used to be between 5:30 and 6 PM and now its a 2:30 PM.....WHAT?!?!?!?  Which explains why he was done so early---it appears he just threw a bunch of mail into one person's mailbox....📭 ✉️ 📦

@SpurtWe have several of those community mailboxes but the only mail we ever received were for former owners.

I should shut up about being ok so far because as soon as you say no problems, problems show up.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh