Honored Contributor

Re: USPS issues at my local post office 2020

No mail delivery again today. At least as of 7:35 PM. 2 straight days of no delivery. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sooner 

we are already paying more for services that we were receiving a year or two ago. there will be a "temporary" rate increase in october. we will see whether or not it will help.

why am i not receiving the same level of service now that i was receiving a year or two years ago? i am paying more.....

if you are getting good or excellent service, consider yourself lucky. mine is fair to poor at best.

@sunshine45 Pay the same as a couple of years ago and you will get a LOT less.  No more money, huge increase in volume=decline in service.  

A lot of the "junk" mail is what pays the freight for much of the rest of our mail.

So you won't pay more and you'll get a lot less in the foreseeable future. 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

as i said, we WILL be paying more in october. so lets see just how that goes. not sure i have faith at this point.

no worries, i am STILL getting tons of junk mail. some days that is the only mail i receive, along with my magazines.

i am curious to know just how much of an increase in volume there is? a year ago, two years ago i was getting packages that began as ups and ended up being delivered by usps. mail innovations has been around since 1997.

this has not gotten progressively worse during the past two years or so, which i might understand......this has gotten significantly worse within the past few months.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Our mailman easily delivers twice as much mail to us now.  LOTS of packages.  

He is swamped and already says he can't imagine what the holidays will bring. I'm thinking that is when we will get temps and it will go to heck in a handbasket.

IF you want to order stuff for the holidays, I'd do it NOW if you want to be sure to get it.

Valued Contributor

Ever hear of the saying "the fish rots from the head"?  That is where all the directives & mandates on mail processing (or LACK THEREOF) and deliveies are coming from.  No overtime is to be paid and if a days mail does not get delivered one day, then back it goes to the distribution center or wherever the mail trucks leave from and if you're lucky you will get it next day.  If you are on the end of the route you will be more likely receiving your mail a day or days late because the end of the routes will be the ones cut off due to no payroll overtime deliveries.

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

I returned a purchase to QVC on September 2. I printed the priority mail label myself and deposited the package on the priority mail counter at the post office. I have not been able to track that package until today when I received an email from USPS that the package was delivered to QVC. I live in Philadelphia. It took that (priority mail 2 day) package 13 days to go about 90 minutes away to Lancaster.

Honored Contributor

This isn't a big secret and doesn't take an Einstein to see the situation as it is in truth and reality.  There's a motive, lots of power and arrogance, a disregard for the law and certainly not a care for  the people,  just another mess.

Honored Contributor

Gosh, it pays to live in a small town. Our PO is wonderful. My dh goes there almost every day shipping items from our business. They know him by name. They actually text us when we have a package to pick up. They hold it for us and we pick it up ourselves (since we go there every day). Yay!

"Pure Michigan"