Respected Contributor

Re: 👉🏽 **UPDATE** Auto Insurance Rebates/Refunds 👈🏿

well don’t know about a credit, but got an email the day AFTER it was due that we could have until April 30 to pay the bill due April 7.  Well it was after the due date, so it was paid on time.  Will certainly welcome any credit though.  It was State Farm.  

Esteemed Contributor

I got the email today...20% of for two months. Since I pay seni-annually, I guess there will be a discount/credit on the next bill. 

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

I got my Auto-Owners refund in the mail today.  A paper check for $13.43.

It was funny because I had just got back from a quick trip to Dollar General for a bag of potting soil.  

I had my Bob Dylan t-shirt on that I got last October at his concert.  I haven't had much of a chance to wear it, so thought today "what am I saving this for?  Wear it!"

I was paying for the potting soil, and there, right where you check out, on the right, was a LIFE magazine with Bob Dylan on the cover - "Bob Dylan America's Greatest Songwriter".

I looked at the price - $13.99!  I can't believe how much they want for magazines these days! (to be fair, it was more than a magazine - more of a commemorative edition).  I would never pay that much for one - but I had his t-shirt on...

OK, just this once, I'll indulge myself.

Got home and had that check in the mail for $13.43 and thought "Well! I guess it was OK for me to get that magazine!"  Felt like it was confirmation or something!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Got my car insurance renewal in the mail a week ago. No discount from State farm. Went to their website and apparently, even though it's been almost two months since they announced we would get one, the earliest "some customers" would see it would be June.

Fine, the earliest you will see my payment is the end of June on the actual due date. Guarantee this promised discount ain't happening and I am a 20 plus year customer. If I didn't have already built in longevity discounts, I would be looking. Between this and the horror of processing my last claim that was 100% the other policyholder's fault, I am beyond over this company.
Honored Contributor

I got my Erie refund yesterday! 👍
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 I am also a State Farm customer.  Like you, we have auto premiums due in June.  Our agent told us not to pay even if we miss the due date.  I guess there is a 21 day grace period (at least in our state) after the due date and maybe longer due to COVID.  She thinks that the discounts will be applied by then and she will request new bills to be issued for us.  You should contact your agent to see if there is a grace period in your state.

Honored Contributor

I just received a check in the mail from AAA for mine.  It was only like $38, due to the dates upon which my policy falls.   I'm fine with that.  Smiley Happy  They really don't owe me anything.

The oddity to this is that the email I got from them a few weeks ago said that it would be refunded to my original method of payment so I keep looking for it on my checking account.  No clue as to why they mailed a check instead.  Oh!  It just hit me - I paid online, but through one of my checking accounts, as I do with all my bills, and maybe that's why it came in the form of a paper check.   That hadn't occurred to me.  d'oh!

I'm glad to see this thread, as I forgot about the check and should probably arrange to deposit it at some point.   oops!  hehe  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Laura14 I am also a State Farm customer.  Like you, we have auto premiums due in June.  Our agent told us not to pay even if we miss the due date.  I guess there is a 21 day grace period (at least in our state) after the due date and maybe longer due to COVID.  She thinks that the discounts will be applied by then and she will request new bills to be issued for us.  You should contact your agent to see if there is a grace period in your state.

@Linmo  Smiley Surprised  Is she out of her mind?  Did she put that in writing signed by you and her to properly and legally amend your contract?  Do not do that.  God forbid you have an accident, I guarantee they will disclaim for non-payment and you will be on Judge Judy.  

If I don't get it, I don't get it.  It's more important for me to have insurance than an extra $50.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 Yes, I have it documented in emails between us.  She has been our agent for over 30 years and has never led us astray so I'm not worried.  None of us are driving very far anyway, just locally to get food, etc.  But I am a person who likes to pay my bills on time, so I will pay it before the 21 day grace period is over, regardless.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just got my renewal notice from Geico and they took $123 off my total policy renewal.   

I probably drive less than 20 miles a week these past 2 months.