Honored Contributor

Re: 👉🏽 **UPDATE** Auto Insurance Rebates/Refunds 👈🏿

Thank you for posting this.  I just looked at my auto insurance's website--Hanover--and it looks like I don't need to do anything for this to happen.  Is that correct?  I haven't received an email or letter from them about this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  I haven't received anything either.  My ins co (AAA) website confirmed that I don't have to do anything either.

I pay annually in person by debit card (cash).  Cash payers will get a check no later than 5/31.

The refund program will continue to be evaluated based on the length of shelter-in-place orders.  N.J. "shelter-in-place" is indefinite.  I hope that means I will get another check during the summer!!!!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I'll be more than happy for Jake (from State Farm) to send me a credit.

I looked on the website, don't hold your breath.

June may be the earliest you can expect a credit, not a check.

I'm good with that.

Honored Contributor

I was coming to post about State Farm and how you need to be a wizard to figure out what they are doing about the refund.

They start out by saying it's State Farm Mutual - every insurance company has multiple divisions so our policy and insurance card show State Farm Indemnity - are we getting a dividend as they are calling it?

Then they say it will be applied to the April and May premiums.  Well, we pay our bill in full when it comes due.  Are we going to get a credit?

I can't figure it out. 

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter  You are covered for those 2 months because you pay in full! Smiley Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This rebate is, IMO, too insignificant to warrant any mention.  Certainly nothing to get excited about.

It is great that you are affluent and don't need money, however many people are really struggling and any amount of money will be very much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

I don't own a car as i never wanted to learn  as i can't judge distance,etc  but Ii wish insurance companies would also cut household insurance  polices somewhat and give us seniors a break!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam 

Insurance companies are discounting auto insurance, not homeowner's or renter's insurance, because people are staying home and not driving, and therefore not getting in so many  auto accidents.

There is no logical or risk-management reason to discount insurance on homes, commercial buildings or personal property.

Tornados, hurricanes, fires and other destructive natural events will happen, regardless of a virus pandemic.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 

Thanks,Smiley Happy

i understand..it was just wishful thinking on my part by saying it aloud.Smiley Frustrated

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

We received an  mail from Geico, our policy renews in august and I will gladly take the 15%, it is better than nothing 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.