Honored Contributor

Re: Turkey shoots down Russian plane

[ Edited ]

@SANNA wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

As I understand it the whole thing lasted 17 to 18 seconds.  

IMO V. Putin is not sane any usual sense of the word and he is a total egotist.  I don't trust him. (think Ukraine)

The planes were WAY too close to the Turkish boarder.  I have visited and traveled in Turkey many times, except close to Syria; and I would say emphatically that Turkey is NOT a country I would want to pick a fight with in any sense of the word.  

They have generally been our allies, and I would like to keep it that way.

Turkey is being our ally  only by providing their airspace and bases. They will never fight for us.

Russia on the other hand was our ally in WW2 and lost 20 million of people. Remember who deliberated Auschwitz? Russian army did.

As per the Ukraine, it is very questionable matter. I am from that region and and we never considered ourselves Ukrainians. Nobody is even speaking that language there. It was impose on us by communists.

@SANNA

Turkey has been our ally many more times and ways than you acknowledge.  

I know many in the Ukraine who disagree totally with your view, further more, no matter WHAT your desires Russia broke the 1975 Helsinki ban on changing European borders by force as well as Russia’s own 1994 assurance of Ukrainian independence, sovereignty, and borders in exchange for Kyiv’s surrender to Moscow their huge arsenal of inherited Soviet nuclear weapons. 

I don't have any idea what you mean by 'Remember who deliberated Auschwitz'.  But, really, just never mind. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Are posters REALLY arguing that Putin is an American ally?  Really?  He is a narcissistic, megalomaniac who has delusions of grandeur.  he wants the old Soviet Union back..ahhh, the good ol' days.

He went to Syria under the falsehood of fighting ISIS but what he was really doing was bombing those in opposition to the cruel dictator, Assad.

He's only involved now because of the Russian airliner being brought down by ISIS.

Putin is no ones friend nor ally.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Putin is not there to really help,he is mostly bombing the people that are trying,and wanting to remove assad,  he is protecting his interest,there is reason to not trust that man.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Is  it  possible the Russian's navigation equipment was not working properly?    In any event, shooting the ejecting pilots was definitely out of line,

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Is  it  possible the Russian's navigation equipment was not working properly?    In any event, shooting the ejecting pilots was definitely out of line,

The Russians have been playing a game of "chicken" around the globe.  About a month ago they got to close to a U.S. aircraft carrier and had to be shooed away.  Turkey had repeatedly warned them for WEEKS but the Russians did as they pleased.

It was utterly BARBARIC to shoot the pilots after they ejected from the plane and tried to land by parachute.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Syrian rebels claim responsibility for killing one pilot and 2 soldiers from rescue helicopter.
Turkey is our NATO ally. Those who think Russia is working with NATO and the coalition against ISIL are delusional.
Respected Contributor

Im glad I wasnt the only picturing a turkey bird with a gun.  Long day. And yes that episode from WKRP is one of my faves!!

Honored Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

Im glad I wasnt the only picturing a turkey bird with a gun.  Long day. And yes that episode from WKRP is one of my faves!!

O/T @makeup addict.

Once upon a time we disagreed about a "site." I just want to tell you that I empathize and am glad you are posting here. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Oh wow! Thank you, you will never know I how I needed to hear that. Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

As I understand it the whole thing lasted 17 to 18 seconds.  

IMO V. Putin is not sane any usual sense of the word and he is a total egotist.  I don't trust him. (think Ukraine)

The planes were WAY too close to the Turkish boarder.  I have visited and traveled in Turkey many times, except close to Syria; and I would say emphatically that Turkey is NOT a country I would want to pick a fight with in any sense of the word.  

They have generally been our allies, and I would like to keep it that way.

Turkey is being our ally  only by providing their airspace and bases. They will never fight for us.

Russia on the other hand was our ally in WW2 and lost 20 million of people. Remember who deliberated Auschwitz? Russian army did.

As per the Ukraine, it is very questionable matter. I am from that region and and we never considered ourselves Ukrainians. Nobody is even speaking that language there. It was impose on us by communists.

@SANNA

Turkey has been our ally many more times and ways than you acknowledge.  

I know many in the Ukraine who disagree totally with your view, further more, no matter WHAT your desires Russia broke the 1975 Helsinki ban on changing European borders by force as well as Russia’s own 1994 assurance of Ukrainian independence, sovereignty, and borders in exchange for Kyiv’s surrender to Moscow their huge arsenal of inherited Soviet nuclear weapons. 

I don't have any idea what you mean by 'Remember who deliberated Auschwitz'.  But, really, just never mind. 

Drythe, I wrote "liberated" but my iPad did a crazy dance. And yes, Russians liberated Auschwitz.

As for the Ukraine, in order to understand it you have to be from there. It is very tangled . Even the locals have different opinions these days. If you own successful business there you most likely would be pro Ukrainian. If you are a simple person, or worker,or teacher,or pensioner you almost starving, I personally  have seen old,clean people going through garbage to find food, I saw kids begging for food at the cafe's door. It was heartbreaking.

Also I can point out that The Ukraine is a very large country and people are very different, ethnically, linguistically,culturally.  Of course many will disagree with me but many would agree. My own mother has a different opinion since she grew up in the different area.

as for weapons, l am happy that the Ukraine  surrendered it, otherwise the Islamists would have them already. Ukrainians sold and stole everything they could, now they cry defencelessness.