Honored Contributor

Guessing Where This Goes, But Here Goes!

I can't put this in Suggestions because QVC doesn't care, obviously. Maybe it's still there, don't see it.  "What QVC did Wrong".

I just opened some packages I received from QVC.  Item A51240 sweat shirt.  I ordered them all at the same time, same size, just different colors.  QVC Customer Service verified this.

I got charged for the 2 that came in one package $6.00 and the one that came in a separate package $3.00 (I have no idea why they divided them up, but anyway).

I called QVC and said, I have heard (and it was said recently) "order them at the same time and you save on shipping".  I know I have heard it, someone needs to tell the hosts not to say that.

So I called Customer Service and said, "I've been a QVC customer for many years".  She says, "Yes, you have".  I said, "Do you also see all of the useless stuff I've bought and very little sent back"?  I just give it away to friends. They are happy and I don't mind (I was just reminding QVC that I don't abuse the system).

There was a time when I called QVC about something like this (it's very little money, but I do feel cheated) and they'd say, "We'll refund the $3".  It would mean at least they were interested.  She became indignant and started telling me that based on the 'old system' this would have cost me a few pennies less than  $13.

Now QVC does not pay what we pay for shipping, so for her to say that makes me want to spit.  I recognized the voice and I've spoken to her before.  With her it seems like it depends on which way the wind is blowing on how she approaches you on the phone.  

Incidentally, she is the one who helped me with my mattress fiasco.  She was not all sweetie pie, but took care of the problem and was nice about it.  Like I said, 'Maybe the wind was blowing in my favor that day'!

I was wondering if this has happened to any of you?

Please don't come on here and start preaching to me about how QVC has let customers know and bla bla.  I've let this go before but this is stupid.

I can't go out shopping.  I can hardly walk these days, but I've always relied on Home Shopping.

From now on I'll do what others have done.  I will think very carefully before I order from QVC because it seems like they just don't care anymore.

It's only $3 or actually $6 (I paid $9) but it's the entire senario as far as I'm concerned.

It's about Customer Service.  I'm just venting.

Honored Contributor

Re: Guessing Where This Goes, But Here Goes!

When QVC reduced their S&H charges they also did away with the reduced S&H for buying multiples. It was well advertized here on the website what the new rules were.

Honored Contributor

Bless your heart!  I hope you got her name and have reported it!

Honored Contributor

There is no longer reduced shipping on the same items in the same order. 

It used to be order one item and the same item in the same order was half off shipping. 

Honored Contributor

back in february 2015 this was all a part of their new shipping features. they reduced the shipping on fashions and jewelry but took away the reduced price shipping on fashions when you bought 2 or more items......and no more refund of original shipping if you returned an item.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Bless your heart!  I hope you got her name and have reported it!

Reported her for WHAT? She didn't do anything wrong. The OP was the one who was in error.

Honored Contributor

That's why I like to order online.  You can see exactly what you're being charged before you hit submit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The shipping fees, and QVC's policy, have changed and the change has been in effect, and well publicized, for 9+ months. What the hosts used to say once upon a time in the past is no longer relevant to their nearly year-old changed shipping fees and policies.

$3 per item, period.  Three items = $9 shipping, no matter how it's packaged.

The policy is the policy, and it's not even a new policy. The fact that the OP doesn't like the policy and doesn't think she should have to abide by it is...well as someone else said, bless her heart.

Good for CS.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I'm not understanding why QVC would refund the $3.  But then, again, I no longer hear hosts say that you'll save on shipping if you order more than one going to the same address at the same time.  Maybe it was a slip into the previous habit, but it's clearly not been the policy for quite awhile now.

Honored Contributor

@ECBGAnd I hope when it's reported the rep gets a pat on the back!  Reps don't make policy -  they don't get paid that way and that person did nothing wrong at all.

People need to take personal responsibility -  it's been more than 6 months since I heard a host talk about saving on multiple shippings costs ---and I'm older than OP is and still can figure out what things cost and when it just doesn't make sense to pay what Nordstrom wants or QVC or CVS or whoever.

QVC's shipping policy is better than it used to be -  not free like some places, but I still can't find anything I want to buy where the shipping is free.  I've tried and hated the products --so I'd rather pay more and like what I get.

Sorry, annabelle, but this time I'm not on your side.