Respected Contributor

Re: Turkey shoots down Russian plane

@chickenbutt wrote:

I know this is totally NOT funny and I'll leave after this - but sometimes I'm such an idiot anymore that when I read this headline on my home page this morning I immediately thought 'a turkey?  really?'.    I'm not just making up a joke - this is where my head went.  *sigh*

Back to your regularly scheduled program....

I acknowledge this may not be the appropriate time for levity, but, then again, in these trying times, it may be the perfect time.

@chickenbutt  Oh my goodness, did you ever create a flashback memory for me.  I had to share this You Tube video, WKRP "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" Thanksgiving.

If I do not 'talk' with you again before Thursday, Chickenbutt, I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Russia does push as much as they can,putin is known for that,he really has me concerned.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Mama Mia wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I know this is totally NOT funny and I'll leave after this - but sometimes I'm such an idiot anymore that when I read this headline on my home page this morning I immediately thought 'a turkey?  really?'.    I'm not just making up a joke - this is where my head went.  *sigh*

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Me too, just the way my chemo brain operates. LOl

mm 

Yeah, I thought the same way & thought it was some kind of turkey-day cartoon or something like that.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, Russia will want their pilots back.  There's rumour that they were being shot at as they parachuted down.  That is considered unacceptable by all military standards/rules.  I do hope they survived and are being negotiated for by their country.  Could be a scary thing for Turkey.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

My understanding of the situation is that the plane was mostly flying over Syria but had deviated into Turkish airspace. It was then fired upon by Turkey before crashing in the rebel held territory in Syria. The pilots ejected and were reportedly shot by the anti-Syrian rebels in Syria. A rescue helicopter sent by the Russians was then reported downed by the same rebels using anti-tank rockets that we'd supplied them.

Russia's responded by sending a guided missile frigate/destroyer with anti-aircraft missiles to the area. That frigate/destroyer has some very capable weapons on it that pose a threat to all aircraft in the region.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Killing pilots on the way down from a burning aircraft is an old nazi trick.  The nazis did this repeatedly to U.S. airmen.  

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Back to your regularly scheduled program....

I acknowledge this may not be the appropriate time for levity, but, then again, in these trying times, it may be the perfect time.

@chickenbutt  Oh my goodness, did you ever create a flashback memory for me.  I had to share this You Tube video, WKRP "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" Thanksgiving.

If I do not 'talk' with you again before Thursday, Chickenbutt, I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  

Well Color Me Gobble!!

I thought the exact same thing...A Turkey.

And yes, I loved WKRP turkey episode.

Smiley Happy. 🦃🦃🦃

Respected Contributor

my opinion that we got the Turks the green light to do it.  Putin has gotten too much attention on our books  being a real hero in the region . So we had applied "divide and conquer " principle.  Of course Putin is smart and civil enough not to start a war with NATO . Besides Russians fought the fight in that particular corner near the border. That Latakia region has 5+ different terror groups ,some of which are from former USSR, that was the goal today that e need badly.

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
We have verified that they were in Turkish air space 2-3 seconds. How could 10 warnings be given and then the pilots fired at ?

Don't know for sure, but maybe those communications start when a plane gets within a certain range of another's air space?

Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

My understanding of the situation is that the plane was mostly flying over Syria but had deviated into Turkish airspace. It was then fired upon by Turkey before crashing in the rebel held territory in Syria. The pilots ejected and were reportedly shot by the anti-Syrian rebels in Syria. A rescue helicopter sent by the Russians was then reported downed by the same rebels using anti-tank rockets that we'd supplied them.

Russia's responded by sending a guided missile frigate/destroyer with anti-aircraft missiles to the area. That frigate/destroyer has some very capable weapons on it that pose a threat to all aircraft in the region.

Little nugget from RT.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-24/russia-escalates-suspends-military-cooperation-turkey-moves...