Honored Contributor

Re: Trying to find the Covid vaccine

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey wrote:

@Suziepeach    Two of my neighbors got through to the call center in Cherokee Coumty this morning. One called 226 times and the other 119. They are going later this month. 

@50Mickey OMG!!  Please don't tell them this..  Friday morning my husband tried about 4 times and so since he was working I took over and got them on the 4th try after letting it ring, ring, ring, ring, ring and ring even more, click message, "There are 35 callers ahead of you."..  There was no sound but I kept holding and then a young lady picked up.. plus she told me the website had crashed that same morning so luck was with me when she picked up.

Your neighbors had to have been pooped from all that redialing..  kudos to them for hanging in there.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I get my vaccine tomorrow, also at Jim Miller Park.  Have to admit, I'm a little nervous.  Thrilled to get it, but also nervous.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I get my vaccine tomorrow, also at Jim Miller Park.  Have to admit, I'm a little nervous.  Thrilled to get it, but also nervous.

@gidgetgh yeah!! Report in when you get back home..

You see on the news where one site had 300 appointments and only 35 showed up?  Evidently people are making 3-4 appointments to make sure they get the vaccine, which in turn doesn't help matters.

Good Luck tomorrow!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh  You'll be fine. They have it so organized that you are in and out before you know it. Everyone there is so helpful. I took  Tylenol while I was waiting in my car. So far I have had no reactions just a very mildly sore arm. 

Super Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@gidgetgh  You'll be fine. They have it so organized that you are in and out before you know it. Everyone there is so helpful. I took  Tylenol while I was waiting in my car. So far I have had no reactions just a very mildly sore arm. 

I work in a urban hospital lab and was fortunate to get one of the first vaccines. The first one was just a sore arm for a few days, but the second one I had 2 days ago,  I have muscle soreness in my back and legs. Some of my coworkers had dizziness and others nothing. The soreness is going away, but it was nothng major. I had the Pfizer one if that makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, I'm home from getting my vaccine.

My appt was at 9:10 and I got in line at 8:20, LOL.  It was a haul from my house and rush hour and I overestimated the drive time, ok, by a lot.  But I'm glad I did because I was probably the 15th car in line or so, and shortly after I got there, a gazillion cars got there.

I thought it was a very surreal experience to be honest.  Lined up in a parking lot, with tons and tons of orange cones to control the traffic flow.  Multiple check in points till you actually got the shot.  A vaccine that was fastracked and is being given in large vaccine sites to try to get us through this deadly pandemic.  Again, surreal and a little emotional.  I was so thankful to have gotten an appt.  while I was in line, I thought of the people who have lost their lives from the virus.  I thought of my niece who was part of the Pfizer trials.  And I thought of my husband and wished he was there to get the vaccine with me.

I did ok with the actual shot.  I got just a tiny bit swimmy headed while sitting in the parking spaces afterwards.  Not severe at all, don't think I would have even noticed it if I'd been at home and I certainly didn't have to call the doctor over.  It lasted 2 minutes or less.  I felt totally fine on the drive home and feel fine now.

***For those in Georgia getting their shots at Jim Miller Park....  They told me that they changed their procedure last night. They WILL be contacting us and setting up the appt. for us for the 2nd vaccine.  The prior procedure was that we had to find the 2nd vaccine ourselves.  I was thrilled with that change.***

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

You see on the news where one site had 300 appointments and only 35 showed up?  Evidently people are making 3-4 appointments to make sure they get the vaccine, which in turn doesn't help matters.

Good Luck tomorrow!!

That's great @gidgetgh  that you started on Monday with a hopelessness, got an appointment the next day and today you get your vaccine.

@Suziepeach It's a shame about the 265 people that didn't show up for an appointment.  They're the mess in this situation, if you ask me.  But glad you got your vaccination already!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Good Luck tomorrow!!

That's great @gidgetgh  that you started on Monday with a hopelessness, got an appointment the next day and today you get your vaccine.

@Suziepeach It's a shame about the 265 people that didn't show up for an appointment.  They're the mess in this situation, if you ask me.  But glad you got your vaccination already!

@Lucky Charm I know right?  That's awful but they said lots of people are making 3-4 appointments to make sure they get their vaccine and that alone knocks others' out for appointments!!  No wonder they've opened up going to different places and different counties..  

We haven't gotten ours yet, they're schedule Monday noon, downtown Woodstock Heath Dept..  Smiley Happy

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh I am so happy #1 is over for you and that they changed protocol for #2!!  Hoping that's for us Monday too.  Wonder if that dizziness was from your scenic tour to JIm Miller, they sure put things a longgggggggggggggg way from us don't they?  Could be anticipation?  Just watch yourself now!!  

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Good Luck tomorrow!!

@Lucky Charm I know right?  That's awful but they said lots of people are making 3-4 appointments to make sure they get their vaccine and that alone knocks others' out for appointments!!  No wonder they've opened up going to different places and different counties..  

We haven't gotten ours yet, they're schedule Monday noon, downtown Woodstock Heath Dept..  Smiley Happy

Ooops, my error.  I got you mixed up with another *Georgia Peach* that got hers.  CarrieAnn I think it was.  Anyways, I'm glad you are scheduled.

I see where OP @gidgetgh  got hers today already.  Another Yay!