Respected Contributor

I love their dark chocolate covered caramels and their one pound candy bars. When our local TJ's first opened, the candy bars were labeled Ghiradelli. Then they were sold under the TJ label.

Honored Contributor

Definitely check out frozen foods. My favorite part of the store. Ours doesn't  sell wine. There is one in NJ that I know of that can sell it, but it's not near me.

Honored Contributor

If you love coffee, you have to try their Cold-Brew Latte frozens bars. I have to eat one every day. Bonus -- only 45 calories if you are a calorie watcher.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Oh, and they have the best price for real Parmesan cheese wedges from Italy (Parma Reggianno (sp?).

They carry packages of Kumato tomatoes. If you ever try one, you will be addicted.

Love their frozen Gyoza.

I'm sure I'll think of more. We are very lucky to several in our area, one just up the street.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Our TJ's is about a half hour away, but I make the drive monthly to stock up on several things we like.  Alfredo Sauce,  Mustard, Dried Pastas, Cheeses, Orchids and plants or fresh Flowers, Orange Chicken, Fried Rice (freezer).  There are soooooo many great things to try.  Go with an open mind and remember you can try anything while in the store and return anything your unhappy with, it's their policy.  

Respected Contributor

I don't go very often. It is a little overwhelming & always busy.

I like the TJ Olive Oil. It comes with it's own spout.

The TJ brand eye cream is so nice & it's only $5.99! It is my favorite hydrating eye cream.

Honored Contributor

Peaches in a glass jar and those peanut butter cup things in the plastic box.  That's about all I really like there.  And the Christmas cookies in season. 

Respected Contributor

I live a few miles from a Trader Joe's so the wow factor isn't as great for me.  We like their steaks, frozen steel cut oatmeal, just had their orange chicken for dinner tonight. Mine usually sells danish from O&H Bakery in Racine WI for $8 which is a great deal.

I always have their marinara sauce and rice pilaf on hand.  Their Meyer lemon bread mix is seasonal and i always buy like 8 boxes.  

They are a good place to go to before you host book group - cheese, nuts etc.  their wine is good but name brand wine (like Kim Crawford) is cheaper at Costco or Binny's.

They were crazy strict during high covid time. Easier to break into the Capitol.

Good Luck!

Respected Contributor

Frozen string beans,frozen broccoli, and sour dough bread. I havn't had a chance to purchase frozen garlic, but when I get there I am going to try that. Greeting cards too.

I also like their candies.

Trusted Contributor

@Flatbush The frozen garlic is great!  We use a lot of garlic and sometimes run out of fresh, great to have the frozen stuff available.  It's so easy to use and saves having to clean the garlic press if we need crushed garlic.

@SXMGirl I have a relative that works at TJ's so we use a decent amount of their products.  Like other's have mentioned, their frozen stuff is good, lots of stuff you can't find other places.   I especially love their Everything but the Bagel seasoning, jicama wraps and feta tomato soup.  Their organic ketchup is great too, way better than Hunts/Heinz, etc. Great selection of cheese and wine.

My husband has a sweet tooth and loves a lot of their sweet things.  He also always buys the mango juice to use in smoothies.  If you google, there are a ton of articles about the most popular items.

I always check out their flowers too.  They have a great selection, the prices are awesome and the bouquets usually last a couple of weeks.