Esteemed Contributor

I plan on stopping in at TJ tomorrow and it will be my first visit.  We do not have one close, but I got an early ortho appointment and it is very near their market.  What are the best items to pick up while there?  I have already heard about the frozen chocolate croissants.  Other than those, what do you like?

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl    We have a Trader Joe's about an hour from our house.

My husband likes their wine - for me, I have yet to be impressed with the store and what they offer.    We plan on stopping in later this week when we are in the area, he'll get his wine and I'll look around to see if anything looks interesting.

Let us know what you end up buying.

Honored Contributor

They have very good prices on nuts and cheese.  Also frozen food you do not see at other markets.  

Super Contributor

I buy food there. Belgium chocolate is great, good selection of cheeses, including goast and sheep cheeses, a lot of gluten free staff, wines at good price, fresh fruits if you don't need a lot of them. I love fruits and veggies selection, their celery and cauliflower is the best. Ice cream, including dairy free versions. 

People love frozen deserts from there, nuts and seeds are pretty good, good selection of oils.

Valued Contributor

They have excellent potato pancakes, French onion soup, butter chicken and garlic nan (Indian food). All frozen so bring a freezer bag or cooler if you have a long drive.

Respected Contributor

You must try their Orange Chicken in the frozen aisle, just like a Chinese restaurant. I am also obsessed with the Norwegian style crispbread with seeds. 

Valued Contributor

I am fortunate--I have one about 1 1/2 miles from my house. 

The croissants are delicious. Their frozen blueberry waffles. The meat lasagna (also in the frozen section). My husband and I make our own pizza with the premade pizza flats and their pizza sauce. We like a number of items that are in their freezer section. Also my husband likes their chocolate pudding (and he is not toothless) it is by the milk (in our TJ's). Also their cinnamon rolls (also in the refrigerated area). We have bought their fresh fruit because they are usally the store that has the best of the fruit. I buy only one string cheese and it is from TJ. They have seasonal potato chips. We purchase some of their dried fruits as well. My mother likes their nuts and seeds. They have tea that are seasonal as well. Their cards are usually about a dollar and we have some at out house at the ready to be able to send off to any one for an event.

Enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

TJ has hundreds of great things, all across the store and in every category. Hard to say what you'd like unless you are more specific. Good news is, if you just browse you'll see interesting things wherever you look. 

For shelf stable things, check out the sauces and condiments aisle, and the cracker and chips. 

Wine drinker? You will be spoiled for choice even if you want decent wine under ten bucks. Or under five bucks.

Personally, I'd take a cooler and plunder the frozen food. Excellent frozen seafood at good prices, lots of unusual appetizers, many different entree dishes. 

Or or you might do well stocking up on house and beauty products. I swear by their hand creams, candles, dish soap, supplements...I could go on. 

There are plenty of special and more pricy things--cheeses and cold prepared food--but you can save a lot of money sticking to the basics, and get better quality as well. 

Have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

I love a lot of what TJs sells; unfortunately we live over 3 hrs from the closest one!  We never miss a chance to load up when we can.  My new obsession is their "Brookies"(brownie on the bottom, chocolate chip cookie on top).  I also frequently buy their cream in a plastic bottle, their German wines and beers, their wraps and their imported cheeses.

Honored Contributor

Frozen food and snacks.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr