Respected Contributor

The Hatch Chile Mac & Cheese in the frozen section at TJ's is yummy, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise 

@Susan Louise wrote:

I go to Whole Foods fairly often, but never have been to the Trader Joe's since it is about 10 miles further south of us.

Does anyone go to both stores and can share the difference? I'm wondering if there a big enough difference to make it worth the trek...

Tomorrow TJ and Wed. WF.  TJ less expensive.  WF Great produce, but not as much fun as the novelty and seasonal items as TJ.  I hate shopping, but love going to TJ.  Also TJ cheaper than Safeway in my area.  

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 and @qvcaddition 

Thank you both for your detailed comparison of Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. You have inspired DH and I to give it a go next weekend. We'd go this weekend, but we just went grocery shopping a couple of days ago and our fridge is full. I'll post back to you both after our trip.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I just love Trader Joe's!  The closest one to us is a 3 hour trip each way so I do not get there often.  We were there in August but I can only buy things that I can transport home without refrigeration.  Trader Joe has Triple Ginger Snap cookies that Mr. 4kitties and I love.  I also like their Kalamata Olive Oil.  

I got my wool dryer balls there and I really like them.

My Aldi has raspberry and almond Kringles from Racine.  They are delicious.  Do not get them often but every once in a while it is a nice treat!

There are so many frozen items I would love to try.  Wish we had one closer.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

It must be a requirement that each TJ's have a too-small parking lot.  I'd go more often but for that!

Honored Contributor

I am wondering if this is an attempt to draw in  crowds in as many places as possible at at some time they will expand into a much larger store

Ours is always so crowded..Their Indian meals are wonderful too. I particularly like the lamb vindaloo

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have been in and out all day ,and my last stop was Trader Joe's. They have the nicest hand cream for $4.99. It is made with ginger. It is odourless and not greasy, but very emollient. It feels very nice on the skin. It would be a great little gift, for a small amount of money

They also have stollen from Germany and Almond Kringle.  ..Both  are wonderful  things to tuck away for entertaining

I have been considering that ginger hand lotion and wondered about the scent.I love the apple cider hand wash...smells a little spicy and everyone enjoys it at our house.I bought six so I would have it through the season.Last year I bought one and then it sold out.

Honored Contributor

@dex  I can't smell a thing

Respected Contributor

@cherry    TJ is not that close to me and about a 30 minute drive away, but a few times a year I do make the trip there.  In the spring, on your recommendation, I purchased their Rose scented handcream and thought it was lovely.  It was very rich and emollient and made my hands feel quite nice.  I did purchase a tube for my sister and she also enjoyed using it.  

I plan on a trip there before the holidays, so will keep an eye out for the hand cream.  Any other items I should be on the l@@k out for?

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

If you like stollen ln their is from Germany and filled with marzipan, also the Kringles. these are not too bad in carbs . I am a diabetic and this is something that I can eat on occasion. There are carbs ,but considering a lot of things this time of the year , they are less than many other things. The Kringle freeze well, and you can cut off a small slice as needed

My husband like their Spanish peanuts. I get the shelled pistachio's and hazelnuts. The orange chicken in the freezer section is a nice fast meal.

I like the samosas and all of the Indian dishes..I get my husband the milk choc peanut butter cups. He hates dark choc

I got their pumpkin pie spice to try, not sure about that one

You will probably find lots of stuff without my help @ciao_bella ...they sometimes have tiny ice cream cones that are a safe treat for a diabetic. It lets you have a taste of something that  other people can eat without any problems. My favorite is the pumpkin flavor