Honored Contributor

I have a TJ's less than a mile away, we do not go often as the parking is always a disaster. 

I love most things I buy there, the Chili Lime Chicken burgers are really great

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

their seasonal butternut squash mac and cheese is good too

Trusted Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's

[ Edited ]

I've been to both, to me they are different stores...price being number one difference, traders joes is cheaper....whole foods is geared much more to just that Whole Foods, natural, not as processed...really nice produce dept.  Trader Joe's has several great aisles of frozen foods that I've never seen any where else....also great seasonal items..I like both stores for different things, but honestly I usually just stick with our regular super market.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I like Trader Joe's, but I don't go there often. The parking is horrendous and I go at 8:00 am, the lines are long, it isn't worth it to me.

@Jordan2   Same here....it seems that both TJ's, Whole Foods & Wegman's have ridiculously busy parking lots at all times of the day & week and all three are near each other by me.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have been in and out all day ,and my last stop was Trader Joe's. They have the nicest hand cream for $4.99. It is made with ginger. It is odourless and not greasy, but very emollient. It feels very nice on the skin. It would be a great little gift, for a small amount of money

They also have stollen from Germany and Almond Kringle.  ..Both  are wonderful  things to tuck away for entertaining

@cherry   Thanks for the reminder!  TJ's had a lot of nice things for entertaining....plus a nice wine selection!  I need to go soon!

Honored Contributor

I much prefer TJ to WF, and the parking is also horrendous at my TJ. 

Valued Contributor

We ate at an Indian restaurant last night.

Trader Joe’s Chicken Tikki Masala, Butter Chicken, and Nan (plain or garlic) - Much better tasting and1/5 the cost. Plus ready in 10 minutes, no tip needed. Highly recommend.

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

If you like stollen ln their is from Germany and filled with marzipan, also the Kringles. these are not too bad in carbs . I am a diabetic and this is something that I can eat on occasion. There are carbs ,but considering a lot of things this time of the year , they are less than many other things. The Kringle freeze well, and you can cut off a small slice as needed

My husband like their Spanish peanuts. I get the shelled pistachio's and hazelnuts. The orange chicken in the freezer section is a nice fast meal.

I like the samosas and all of the Indian dishes..I get my husband the milk choc peanut butter cups. He hates dark choc

I got their pumpkin pie spice to try, not sure about that one

You will probably find lots of stuff without my help @ciao_bella ...they sometimes have tiny ice cream cones that are a safe treat for a diabetic. It lets you have a taste of something that  other people can eat without any problems. My favorite is the pumpkin flavor

@cherry  You might try a little of the pumpkin pie spice sprinkled on vanilla yogurt.  I buy Dannon Two Good Greek Yogurt (2 gm. sugar/3 gm carbs) & the vanilla one is not bad alone or with some of the pumpkin pie spice stirred into it.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01  sorry but I can't stand yougurt, thanks for the tip, and for thinking of me

Trusted Contributor

Our TJ has a big parking lot & isn't so busy you can't get around, I am in Rochester, NY...near a big Wegman's & soon a Whole Foods, love it! 

I feel for you who have crazy TJ's, went to the one in West Hartford, CT & oh my, so crowded I had my husband stay in the corner with the cart as I tried to get thru the isles to get things, never went again.  Wow, just too many people!