Trusted Contributor

I just looked on the Consumer Cellular website.  It's a bit confusing.  The price of their phones isn't inexpensive, and they don't have a huge variety.

If you want to keep your current phone, you have to get a SIM card.  I looked at the plans and you can buy data, but it doesn't tell you how much texts, etc. you get.

I would need someone there to explain it to me as the website is not very user friendly IMO.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone Call OMG

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Jordan2 

I have not and have no intentions of ever sending a text. My Samsung Ao2s works just fine for the few calls I have made, and also accessing the internet. Only used the internet once while in the ER for hours in April, waiting for them to get me an inpatient room. It worked fast and had no problems accessing the sites I wanted to visit.

My wife uses hers as a backup, but has used it many times go text. If she has a problem texting, I will always hear about it. She is the exact opposite of me. If she can get away from making a phone call, she will do it. At times, she evens asks me to make her calls. So far, hers must be working just fine.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I haven't called Tracfone for many years because I have not had any problems with using them as my provider. Set up all my new phones online.

hckynut 🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

Ive been a Tracfone customer for many years too and heard about the complaints when people have called and  tried to talk to their CS so I too handled everything online, through the website or the APP, but now the apps not working...SMH!!!  Too bad, I liked Tracfone.....

So are you enjoying your hockey playoffs?  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I have a Tracfone by Alcatel, which is originally a French company and partner with Nokia. I have talk, text, camera, alerts, contact lists, etc.  I could get internet, but I have three computers at home-desk and two laptops-, so I don't need to access it on my phone. I buy minutes every few months online. Have had no problem with Tracfone's website. I haven't had to call customer service, so can't report on how they are. 

Overall, am satisfied with my phone. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@patbz I told my sister I wanted to buy an unlocked phone so I could go anywhere with it. She didn't even know what I meant by unlocked. She has a new iPhone and cell plan, she's paying a lot as she is paying off the phone, it's like a rental. I would rather purchase the phone outright knowing it's mine. 

Respected Contributor

@Black Cat Back 

TEXT 611611 and enter BALANCE to get minutes -super quick

never have a problem buying minutes. i use coupons too for extra voice or extra texts:

use Tracfone Reviewer

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt 

Am I  enjoying the hockey playoffs?  Yes, I am loving them. Since the mid 1960's, the New York Rangers, have been my team. Right now they are in the Semifinals for the Stanley cup, and!  They won the first 2 games of the best of 7.

I could not be happier with this team(2nd youngest team in the NHL) and the way these young kids are playing. Win 6 more games and they take the Stanley Cup back home to New York, first time since 1994.

hckynut🥅🏒  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Spurt 

Am I  enjoying the hockey playoffs?  Yes, I am loving them. Since the mid 1960's, the New York Rangers, have been my team. Right now they are in the Semifinals for the Stanley cup, and!  They won the first 2 games of the best of 7.

I could not be happier with this team(2nd youngest team in the NHL) and the way these young kids are playing. Win 6 more games and they take the Stanley Cup back home to New York, first time since 1994.

hckynut🥅🏒  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

Good Luck to the Rangers! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE    Data is what you use when you're away from your home WiFi and use the internet, say checking your email or reading the boards for instance.

One hint I picked up here years ago was to buy a year of service on the TracFone website for $50. per year.  I have more accumulated talk and text than I'll ever use, occasionally buy a little data time but need service alone every year.  I figure my phone costs me a little less than $5/mo.

@Kachina624 

Good hint, but they don't sell $50 yearly services plans anymore.  Most of them start at $100.  Unless I'm missing something.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @Black Cat Back 

The lower priced annual plan is $125, plus tax. I added 1500 minutes to my phone earlier today, total cost was $144.91 for me. 

I didn't think about doing it until AFTER I'd added the minutes, I would have been better off buying a more current phone from HSN for maybe $40 more, too late now. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Good hint, but they don't sell $50 yearly services plans anymore.  Most of them start at $100.  Unless I'm missing something." @Black Cat Back 

I hope I @'ed the right person. Smiley Happy

I just now checked the website and Tracfone does offer a 0 minute/365 day plan for $49.00. 

Other add-ons include 1000 texts for $5, 1GB data for $10 (which is discounted to $8 when making other purchases such as the $5 texts), 500 minutes talk time for $10, as well as a $10 Global Calling Card.